Jackson Freestyle blade length | Golden Skate

Jackson Freestyle blade length

kamishki

Spectator
We just upgraded my daughters skates to Jackson Freestyles. The boots are size 3 and the blades that came with it were size 8 1/3. When we had them tuned up and sharpened the fitter said he thought the blade was to short!

We double checked with her trainer and his partner and they both felt that the blade was to short also!

The blade that came on the skate is the one that came from Jackson. The manufacturer said it was correct.

The blade is mounted forward to the front edge of the boot, but their is a gap between the rear mounting plate and the back of the heal that is nearly 1/2" inch.....this is what is getting everyone's attention.

According to Jackson, they have just switched the blades they use for this skate and the new blades come in 1/4 inch increments. The updated blade would be an 8 1/2 vs. the 8 1/3 that came on this skate. an 8 2/3 blade (last years blade) would be a very close fit....but the manufacturer is not willing to replace anything for free....we are still trying to work out a deal.

So....does anyone have a similar experience or any suggestions?...it would not surprise me if this problem was limited to the size 3 boot (or maybe some other specific sizes) Any suggestions, are we being to picky? I really want my daughter to have the best setup we can afford for her.