Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 119

Thread: Whom Do You See on the Worlds Podium?

  1. #31
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    40
    Ladies: Ando, Asada, Kim
    Men: Joubert, Chan, Takahashi
    Pairs: Kavaguti/Smirnov, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Volosozhar/Trankov
    Dance: Pechalat/Bourzat, Virtue/Moir, Davis/White

    in no particular order

  2. #32
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,801
    Ladies: Also YuNa, Mao; Carolina/Alissa for the third spot
    Men: Daisuke, PChiddy, Joubear
    Pairs: Anyone - don't really follow
    Dance: Davis/White, Virtue/Moir, any third

    OH, edit. The above is what I *want* to see. (And clearly I'm only reading what I want to read!) Who do I think is gonna podium? Don't really know.
    Last edited by prettykeys; 02-25-2011 at 10:55 PM.

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by zizi View Post
    Ladies: Ando, Asada, Kim
    Men: Joubert, Chan, Takahashi
    Pairs: Kavaguti/Smirnov, Savchenko/Szolkowy, Volosozhar/Trankov
    Dance: Pechalat/Bourzat, Virtue/Moir, Davis/White

    in no particular order
    That's exactly what I think will happen, only I would replace Joubert with Kozuka. Men are the most unpredictable probably with Verner, Joubert, Kozuka, and Oda all having similar chances for the third podium place.

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    159
    Men: Chan, Takahashi, Kozuka

    Ladies: Ando, Kim, Czisny

    Pairs: Savchenko/Szolkowy, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Volosozhar/Trankov

    Dance: Davis/White, Virtue/Moir, Pechalat/Bourzat

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    672
    Ladies: Ando, Asada, Kim

    Men: Takahashi, Kozuka, Mr. Dead Eyes

    Pair: S/S, P/T, K/S

    Dance: yarm, yarnnn, yarrnnnnnn

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Mr. Dead Eyes
    I can't believe I would see this kind of post here. Is this necessary even if you hated the skater with a passion?

  7. #37
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Anyway, I am quite amused: after Skate Canada, museksk8r swore off skating because he felt that Chan was going to win everything straight to Sochi. pangtongfan said he felt the men's competition was quite boring because he forecasted Chan domination. And this was when he was skating flawed. After he gives the greatest long program of his life at Nationals, you think he'll be off the podium at Worlds.
    Can you really blame me for my reaction or the reactions of others during the GP season though? I don't think a skater winning with 4 falls is amusing at all, regardless of their planned difficulty or their potential. To Chan's credit, he greatly improved at the GPF and at Nationals. If he is to win at Worlds, I hope he does it with performances like the latter part of this season have shown and not the earlier splatfests we witnessed in the GP series.

  8. #38
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seoul, Korea
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    I can't believe I would see this kind of post here. Is this necessary even if you hated the skater with a passion?
    Agreed. There are some posters who express THEMSELVES in biased way. However, is this so surprising in an internet world where people do not show their own faces?

    As for me, I find his eyes very pretty and somewhat exotic. I have always liked the way how he smiles or laugh since I saw him for the first time at GPF, 2008 where he fell multiple times.

    About topic, I would like to see the very best competition and somewhat unexpected results.
    I think Carolina has a possibility. If she was practicing 3F(3L?) and some 3/3s at Euros, she may bring them at Worlds and would be the most unexpected podium finisher!
    Last edited by sunny0760; 02-26-2011 at 01:01 AM.

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    565
    Not in any particular order

    Men
    Apart from Dai and Chan who is another one is so hard to predict. But if everyone skate clean I think Kozuka might be on podium.

    Ladies
    Kim, Ando/Asada (but not both) and Alisa

    Pair
    S/S, V/T, P/T (I really wish K/S to win at least silver, but I think the judges will do that only when other three team make mistakes)

    Dance D/W, V/M and P/B if V/M don't come then the shibs

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Can you really blame me for my reaction or the reactions of others during the GP season though? I don't think a skater winning with 4 falls is amusing at all, regardless of their planned difficulty or their potential. To Chan's credit, he greatly improved at the GPF and at Nationals. If he is to win at Worlds, I hope he does it with performances like the latter part of this season have shown and not the earlier splatfests we witnessed in the GP series.
    Dude, you basically called me a bully when I pointed out that other skaters were graded similarly according to the same rules (aka, not massive Skate Canada corruption) and now are rooting for Kostner over in ladies...

  11. #41
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,673
    Who's Mr. Dead Eyes?

  12. #42
    Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880
    It's a stupid description of Chan. Sounds like something that might have originated with Aunt Joyce, he of the sharp eyes and evil tongue... but that's just a guess.

  13. #43
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,801
    Ooh, I would love it if the Shibutanis podium'd.

    OK, here are my predictions:
    Ladies: Miki, Mao, YuNa
    Men: Daisuke, Mr. Bright Eyes (), Takahiko
    Pairs: Dunno
    Dance: Davis/White are all I know who are guaranteed

  14. #44
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,120
    Patrick appears to have a slight paralysis in the right superior rectus, with the effect that his right eye does not move upward in concert with his left, when he looks to the right.

    This's why he looks so sexy.

  15. #45
    "Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    3,674
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Dude, you basically called me a bully when I pointed out that other skaters were graded similarly according to the same rules (aka, not massive Skate Canada corruption) and now are rooting for Kostner over in ladies...
    Name one competition, or medal even, that Kostner has won with 4 falls in one event.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •