Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Whom Do You See on the Worlds Podium?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    General Question: Is this really worth less than this?
    Yes, the first one shouldn't even count, she fell before she tried anything. At least with the second one even though she fell and it was under-rotated she should get some credit.

This one is even better S/Z 2002 Olympics Even though she fell; the throw was completed. She fell seconds after she landed so should she not get the 8 points at all? I don't see how that is fair.
    Last edited by mousepotato; 03-01-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    Sorry, you'll have to go to 1:10, I don't know how to go right to it
    Pause the video at the point you want to go directly to, then right click on it and choose Copy Video URL at Current Time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Pause the video at the point you want to go directly to, then right click on it and choose Copy Video URL at Current Time.
    Thank you! That is so simple

Pairs: S/S, P/T, V/T, K/S will most likely be the top 4, in one way or another.
    Men: Chan and Takahashi. Kozuka or Oda
    Dance: Podium will most likely be D/W and V/M fighting for the gold. Then P/B for bronze.
    Ladies: Kim, Ando, Asada. But I am hoping for surprises. lol!

Custom Title
    Pairs: S/S, P/T and one of V/T and K/S. I would like to see Megan and Eric or the new Canadian champains 5th. I think that S/S and P/T would fight for the third world title, but P/T seems a bit scared competing in Russia. They're upgrading their programs to make it more difficult so that they could overcome the location factor.
    Ladies: Mao, Yu Na Kim, one of the russian yougsters or Miki Ando. I'm rooting for Mao. Yu na was my biggest favourite, but the way she parted with her coach left a scar not so easy to heal for many Canadians I believe. She is not even in the Canadian figure skating calendar for 2011, the only Olympic Champ not in it. She was kind of treated as half of our own skaters and got all the support through out. If you are not grateful, at least it is expected to be graceful. But that is all past. Let the bygone be bygone. I wish Mao and Yuna skate the heart out and one of them win the gold. Miki is good and getting better. I wish she will be on the podium. I'm impressed with Miki's progress in music enterpretation this season, and her costumes are classy and clean, not like the crazy ones before. I never liked her skating but she won me over this year. If she just go for it and give it all, I'd be happy to see her win too. It's a shame Mirai Nagasu is not going to World. I love Mirai. I also wish Cythia Phaneuf skates two clean program and no popped jumps.

Men: Chan, Oda, Takahashi. I wish Chan get the Gold. Oda not doing an extra combo I like Bradley but if all other skaters skating well, it's hard to see him on the podium.

Dance: V/M, D/W, and whoever skate best. V/M is my bet for Gold and if they recover well, they should still be the best. D/W are very good, exciting, but I just feel their emotions are fake, or more specifically hers

Let the show begin! oh well, still two more weeks to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilvskating View Post
    Pairs: S/S, P/T and one of V/T and K/S. I would like to see Megan and Eric or the new Canadian champains 5th. I think that S/S and P/T would fight for the third world title, but P/T seems a bit scared competing in Russia. They're upgrading their programs to make it more difficult so that they could overcome the location factor.
    Ladies: Mao, Yu Na Kim, one of the russian yougsters or Miki Ando. I'm rooting for Mao. Yu na was my biggest favourite, but the way she parted with her coach left a scar not so easy to heal for many Canadians I believe. She is not even in the Canadian figure skating calendar for 2011, the only Olympic Champ not in it. She was kind of treated as half of our own skaters and got all the support through out. If you are not grateful, at least it is expected to be graceful. But that is all past. Let the bygone be bygone. I wish Mao and Yuna skate the heart out and one of them win the gold. Miki is good and getting better. I wish she will be on the podium. I'm impressed with Miki's progress in music enterpretation this season, and her costumes are classy and clean, not like the crazy ones before. I never liked her skating but she won me over this year. If she just go for it and give it all, I'd be happy to see her win too. It's a shame Mirai Nagasu is not going to World. I love Mirai. I also wish Cythia Phaneuf skates two clean program and no popped jumps.

Men: Chan, Oda, Takahashi. I wish Chan get the Gold. Oda not doing an extra combo I like Bradley but if all other skaters skating well, it's hard to see him on the podium.

Dance: V/M, D/W, and whoever skate best. V/M is my bet for Gold and if they recover well, they should still be the best. D/W are very good, exciting, but I just feel their emotions are fake, or more specifically hers

Let the show begin! oh well, still two more weeks to go.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    I think what Ilvskating means is that Yu-Na Kim has avoided any show appearance in Canada ever since she left Toronto. It's as though she doesn't care about her fans there. Then again, she may be embarassed to show up in Canada as well, fearing people may think she is ungracious and ungrateful.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    I think what Ilvskating means is that Yu-Na Kim has avoided any show appearance in Canada ever since she left Toronto. It's as though she doesn't care about her fans there. Then again, she may be embarassed to show up in Canada as well, fearing people may think she is ungracious and ungrateful.
    Wild and baseless speculation. Yu-Na has not avoided anything. She barely appeared in any skating shows in Canada long BEFORE she ever left Toronto, not Canada's SOI or any other skating shows. It has nothing to do with her caring about her fans. Yu-Na never skated in any show in the USA until fall 2010, does that mean she never cared about her American fans? She appeared as a special guest once on Battle of the Blades during the fall of 2009, and that's been pretty much it over the last few years for any kind of show appearances in Canada. During the show season Yu-Na is usually in Korea.

Yu-na has nothing to be embarrassed about, because she is neither ungracious nor ungrateful. I find it interesting that Canadian David Wilson has no problem supporting Yu-Na, and still working with her.

Custom Title
    I was talking about the real calendar featuring 2010 Olympics/World figure skaters: The Figure Skating Calendar 2011. (www.figureskatingcalendar.ca )

Custom Title
    Where did you hear that Pang and Tong upgraded their program? They barely got through it this season as it is. I also read on a Chinese site they are battling fever and knee trouble.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    I was talking about the real calendar featuring 2010 Olympics/World figure skaters: The Figure Skating Calendar 2011. (www.figureskatingcalendar.ca )
    Yu na was my biggest favourite, but the way she parted with her coach left a scar not so easy to heal for many Canadians I believe. She is not even in the Canadian figure skating calendar for 2011, the only Olympic Champ not in it. She was kind of treated as half of our own skaters and got all the support through out. If you are not grateful, at least it is expected to be graceful.
    YuNa is not in the 2009 or 2010 calendars, either. What does that say about Canadian graciousness? Also, YuNa cried tears of gratitude in YouTube videos for everyone surrounding her, including Orser. Obviously something happened between them afterwards. Orser was not gracious. If some Canadians take it personally, they are petty and small-hearted in my mind.

(I am Canadian, by the way.)

So just to be clear, Ilvskating was talking about the fact that Yuna's photo was not appearing in a physical Canadian figure skating calendar for 2011.

Then, wallylutz interpreted that as Yuna not appearing in shows in Canada.

Anyway, I don't think it is fair for anyone to say that Yuna was not being grateful...

On the contrary, what about Brian? Brian benefited tremendously from being Yuna's coach and the exposure it brought.

- Brian became the hottest coach and Toronto Cricket Club became a household name (at least in Korea).
    - Brian became a huge celebrity in Korea and appeared in multiple commercials
    - Brian took part in Yuna's ice shows - he performed as James Bond along with top entertainers in Korea
    - Brian received honoray citizenship from Mayor of Seoul
    - Brian was invited to the Blue House to lunch with the President of Republic of Korea
    - Brian became the coach of an Olympic Champion.
    - And Brian was paid to take part in all this.

Sounds like an awesome gig to me. In fact, it was a dream job for any figure skating coach. And although it was sad to see it end in such a manner, with both sides not handling the situation well, I am sure that Brian will forever cherish these 4 years, and he would be the first to admit that he got so much out of his relationship with Yuna.

And regardless of the circumstances, I still think Brian was reprehensible for publicly lashing out at his pupil and client like that. But I have forgiven him, because I think he was that much emotionally invested in Yuna.

Anyway, enough of this. As Ilvskating said, let bygones be bygones. And let's focus on the World Championships!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    Where did you hear that Pang and Tong upgraded their program? They barely got through it this season as it is. I also read on a Chinese site they are battling fever and knee trouble.
    It's in Chinese:

http://sports.sohu.com/20110329/n280046811.shtml

Custom Title
    If that is still true (if was said before their injuries) I would bump them down from a top 4 placement. He said she had a fever and and is dealing with kness injuries and he also has injuries he is dealing with. At 4CC, they got a seasons best score but it's still 4th place total score in the world. They could barely handle the free skate they have:

1. 2A+1A+SEQ - missed an Axle
    2. 2T
    3. 4Li4 - not full level
    4. FCCoSp3 - not full level
    5. PCoSp4
    6. 3LzTw2
    7. 3STh
    8. ChSp1
    9. 5ALi4
    10. 3LoTh
    11. BoDs3 - not full level
    12. 5TLi4

Adding more difficulty to a program you can't break 200 on is a mistake especially since they can't compete it once before worlds.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8