Lawn Service | Golden Skate

Lawn Service

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Does anyone else have a lawn service? We pay $60.00 per month for just the front yard.(average size). We get charged whether or not he mows. In January, it rained pretty much every week, so we only got our lawn mowed twice, and he still charged us the full price. My hubby is fine with that, but doesn't seem right. I am not a happy camper. Anyone else? 42

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I think only you can decide if it is worth it to pay $720 a year for lawn care. It would be interesting to know the length and width of your lawn. I assume they fertilize it and put weed killer on it and mow it. For instance, if an older infirm couple physcially can not do the work, or two able people have lots of disposable income, that is one thing. In general, if one is able, I would say to them, how many hours after taxes does it take for you to earn $720, and many hours does it take to manicure the lawn?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Good point. Mowing has always been hubby's domain. He mows the back lawn, but that's only because the dogs are back there. It's not so much the money, I just resent paying someone for not working. In talking to people, it seems to be standard that you pay per month no matter what the weather dictates. I don't like that practice and shouldn't be paying for someone's down time. Just my opinion. Thanks for the input. 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'd hire a neighbor kid instead of a service. only pay for what is done... can't imagine actually paying for a service that doesn't happen. :no:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
That's a good idea, Toni. My husband is adamant about this and won't even discuss it. He says it's standard practice, that there is more yard work in the warmer months to make up for the winter time. I don't agree with this logic at all, but I am up against a very "hard headed" brick wall. 42

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I'm with you, 42. But We men can be pretty hard headed and unreasonable so at times its best to just let us have our way. Personally, I dont know why anyone would want a husband! I have learned one thing in marriage.
Never argue with your wife. It got me no where and now I am much happier. ;) and She lets me go to three or four skating comps a year...you cant beat that.