Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Ladies SP-Courtney Hicks up first

Just watched the Ladies. Wonderful skating from the top three, Adelina, Elizaveta and Christina.

I thought Li Zijun did great. She had good jumps, beautiful spins, and really good expression. I love her footwork too! Her score probably could have been a bit higher, even without a 3-3.

Custom Title
    Thanks Shine!

Tripping on the Podium
    This was my first time watching the Russian babies, I was wowed. I especially enjoyed Elizaveta Tuktamysheva's program.

And was it me or did she do her double axel with her hand over her head? Does that jump have a name?

Custom Title
    Same jump. It's a difficult variation made famous by Brian Boitano - hence its name. What Liza did would be a 2 Axel 'Tano.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    One thing about the Russian skater and Russian Ladies included, is that they show great technique. It's so nice, at least for me, to see Correct edge take offs for the Lutz. It shows that it can be done, and there is no need for the new idea of partial credit.

There's too much RUSH to get the credit for all the Jumps allowed even partial credit. The only way to get to Carnegie Hall is to practice, practice, practice. CoP has it's dumb points. Partial Credit promotes sloppy technique and therefore,sloppy skating.
    Does this mean that Adelina has fixed her flutz? I know she didn't get an edge call in this event (but that doesn't necessarily mean anything since she didn't get called at the JGPF for a rather obvious flutz done right in front of me.) Call me skeptical since you don't usually fix a habitual flutz for good in just a couple of months. I haven't had an opportunity to watch the videos of anybody of this event yet.

Banned
    Hope they have fixed the live stream in time for the free skate.

Banned
    Watching the men's free skate. Unfortunately, live stream is playing up again. Going back to yesterdays ladies SP, Adelina's score was not as high as expected because she under-rotated the toe-loop part of her triple triple combination (no flutz). Elizaveta executed her triple triple combination perfectly. Nevertheless, Adelina took the lead (just - by 0.91 points) because she got level 4's on all 3 of her spins, whereas Elizaveta only got one level 4 for hers. Both performances were fantastic - way ahead of the rest of the field.

I watched some of the skaters just now.
    The Russian girls are incrediblly awesome...
    It was my first time watching the Juniors, but I really should watch them more often
    I'm also happy that Miyabi Oba did a good, solid performance!!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    I thought Li Zijun did great. She had good jumps, beautiful spins, and really good expression. I love her footwork too! Her score probably could have been a bit higher, even without a 3-3.
    quite agree!zijun is lovely deserve more pcs in my opinion. but she should improve her ss maybe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    I am still waiting for any of the Russian wonderbabies to show something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCIk7LskGqc
    Enjoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DlQq...eature=related

She's obviously not there yet in terms of presentation (she's 12 y.o.) but she has all the potential to show in a couple of years what Sasha used to do.

Rinkside

alexandra najarro

I am so disappointed Alexandra Najarro didn't qualify for the long. She is a beautiful skater. I am mystified by why she changed her short program and tried a triple loop. She landed a clean triple flip in her short at Nationals and the Eastern Challenge, and she has never once landed a loop in competition. She is much better than the 25th place suggests. I hope she is able to bounce back from this setback.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hughgraham2 View Post
    I am so disappointed Alexandra Najarro didn't qualify for the long. She is a beautiful skater. I am mystified by why she changed her short program and tried a triple loop. She landed a clean triple flip in her short at Nationals and the Eastern Challenge, and she has never once landed a loop in competition. She is much better than the 25th place suggests. I hope she is able to bounce back from this setback.
    Because it's a required solo jump in the SP in juniors this season, although she could've done a double too.

In junior ISU competitions, there are very specific required elements in the short. A specific solo double or triple jump, a specific flying spin and a specific spin with one change of foot for the men. In seniors there are less restrictions.

Alexandra should be happy to know next season's required solo jump is the flip, if she's stays in juniors.
    Last edited by Serious Business; 03-05-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Alexandra should be happy to know next season's required solo jump is the flip, if she's stays in juniors.
    Hm, you mean lutz? Flip was required jump last season, so next season it's lutz

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Hm, you mean lutz? Flip was required jump last season, so next season it's lutz
    Oops, you're right, I skipped ahead to 2012-2013, then it's the flip.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast