2011 Skate America and 2012 US Nationals | Golden Skate

2011 Skate America and 2012 US Nationals

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
From Wikipedia:

Ontario is a city located in San Bernardino County, California, United States. As of the 2000 Census, the city had a total population of 170,373, making it the 18th largest city in Southern California. The city is home to the LA/Ontario International Airport which is the 15th busiest cargo airport in the United States. Ontario handles the mass freight traffic from the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, and the rest of the country.[1] It is also the home of Ontario Mills and former home of the Ontario Motor Speedway.

It takes its name from the Ontario Model Colony development established in 1882 by the Canadian engineer George Chaffey and his brothers William Chaffey and Charles Chaffey.[2] They named the settlement after their home province of Ontario, Canada.

That's the reason.:)

ETA: The title of this thread is wrong. It should be 2012 US Nationals.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
ETA: The tittle of this thread is wrong. It should be 2012 US Nationals.

Gee, I got too excited at the possibility of attending Skate America without being a terrorist suspect.

eta: And, :sheesh:, I can't change the thread title though I tried.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Gee, I got too excited at the possibility of attending Skate America without being a terrorist suspect.

eta: And, :sheesh:, I can't change the thread title though I tried.

:laugh: I was so confused too at first. Only mods can change the title of a thread.

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Awesome! California gets both events! The California girls better do us proud.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I see it's near Rancho Cucamonga.

I'm not sure I see what you're saying. That town isn't notable either and is well out of the way of Los Angeles. It must have been considered profitable to host the event in the Inland Empire, though. Just seems odd it would be out there rather than LA proper.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Probably, the issue is cost to rent the arena, and cost of accommodations in a hotel near the arena for the judges (not to mention federation folk). And for SA, you aren't going to fill the arena, in any case.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
I agree, Blades of Passion--during college, friends and I would drive to Ontario to shop. That was it.

However, I may sign up to volunteer for a day and watch another day of skating, since it's 1.5 hours away. You can bunk at my apartment!