World Championship entries | Golden Skate

World Championship entries

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
At last!

GO SWEDEN! Two excellent ladies and two excellent men with good substitutes in both disciplines :thumbsup:

Adrian, Sasha, Viktoria and Joshi :clap:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I see they named Gachinski to the Russian team instead of Menshov, even though Menshov is the National champion.

Fumie's on the list of substitutes for women. I thought she was like 8th at Japanese Nats.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Do those without a "D" or "S", including Kozuka who tops the Japan list, have to do the qualifying round?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I see they named Gachinski to the Russian team instead of Menshov, even though Menshov is the National champion.

Fumie's on the list of substitutes for women. I thought she was like 8th at Japanese Nats.

Yeah, Euros really worked in Gachinski's favour.

Suguri was seventh, and the 5th and 6th placers are both at juniors (Nishino and Shoji).

Tanja90

On the Ice
also ILINYKH / KATSALAPOV are in instead of RIAZANOVA / TKACHENKO! Yes! I'm so happy for them!:)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Again, Europeans seems to be the deciding result. They did that alst year, sending Borodulin instead of Voronov to Vancouver when the latter flamed out at Euros. If it was politics, they wouldn't have fallen behind K/A in the FD at Nationals, imo.

herios

Medalist
Again, Europeans seems to be the deciding result. They did that alst year, sending Borodulin instead of Voronov to Vancouver when the latter flamed out at Euros. If it was politics, they wouldn't have fallen behind K/A in the FD at Nationals, imo.

IP, I really think they were overmarked at Europeans.

herios

Medalist
And very sad to see Faiella and Scali just dissapear like that. They deserve a better ending.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Are some of these candidates from Juniors?

As for the men:

Jorik HENDRICKX BEL

Jordan JU TPE

Viktor ROMANENKOV EST

Bela Papp FIN

Harry Hau Yin LEE HKG

Abzal RAKIMGALIEV KAZ

Min-Seok KIM KOR

Alexander MAJOROV SWE (with his own thread :cool: )

These are from small FS nation. E.g. I think Majorov sees this as a good preparation before real worlds. And actually I'm not sure if Sweden has a third guy who has the required tech points of junior worlds. Ondrei Spiegl, the other Swede, made the SP but didn't qualify to the free skate.

I guess it's the same for the other nations. They have few skaters who qualifies to competing internationally.

GO all low ranked skaters :clap:

MagicFairy

On the Ice
It looks like many European Federations dont send their skaters to Tokyo, its strange that Slovakia dont send anyone according to the list, even the dance team which did a great 5th place at Junior worlds.

Does anyone know why Victoria Muniz is not on the list? I read in a forum that her goal is to reach the final at worlds this year. I hope she is not injured!

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
GO SWEDEN! Two excellent ladies and two excellent men with good substitutes in both disciplines :thumbsup:
Adrian, Sasha, Viktoria and Joshi :clap:

Count me in on the Swedish cheering squad! :yay: I think this is Sweden's strongest Worlds team in... well, ages!

Kristoffer Berntsson shares Menshov's fate, although in the Swede's case, it was the Nordic Championships that did him in (he finished 3rd behind Majorov and Schultheiss).

L

lowtherlore

Does anyone know why Victoria Muniz is not on the list? I read in a forum that her goal is to reach the final at worlds this year. I hope she is not injured!

Looks like she's injured after 4CC.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Does anyone know why Liam Firus was named as a substitute, but not Elladj Baldé, who finished one spot higher than Liam at the Canadian Championships? :confused:

Last edited:

ljaeren

Rinkside
Yeah, I guess Russia decides the world team based on the performance at europeans.

oleada

Record Breaker
Does anyone know why Liam Firus was named as a substitute, but not Elladj Baldé, who finsihed one spot higher than Liam at the Canadian Championships? :confused:

Because Balde has not met the required score, since he has not competed internationally in the past couple of years.

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Baldé needed to skate at an international event this season to meet the minimum score requirement for skating at Worlds.

ETA: Oops, oleada beat me to it!