Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: World Championship entries

Custom Title
    Ina Lutai (nee Demireva) is Andrei's wife. She's also Albena Denkova's sister.

^
    Thanks, nice to know and again good luck to them

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I see they named Gachinski to the Russian team instead of Menshov, even though Menshov is the National champion.

Fumie's on the list of substitutes for women. I thought she was like 8th at Japanese Nats.
    Suguri finished 7th, but Nishino and Shoji (who finished ahead of her) went to Jr. Worlds, so she was next in line after Suzuki.

Is Miria a second alternate after Gao? Did I read that right?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    Is Miria a second alternate after Gao? Did I read that right?
    No, you don't. They are listed in alphabetical order, that is all. The order means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    herios, re: I/K

That's different then. I do think they were overscored, but I will say Euros was the first competition where I had an inkling of what everyone else saw in them. Still the most overhyped skaters ever in my experience.
    I agree in every sense of the word!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Again, Europeans seems to be the deciding result. They did that alst year, sending Borodulin instead of Voronov to Vancouver when the latter flamed out at Euros. If it was politics, they wouldn't have fallen behind K/A in the FD at Nationals, imo.
    Once again, ITA, I believe that K/A are going to surpass them next year!

Custom Title
    Valentina Marchei won't be at worlds...She injured her right ankle during the morning off-ice practice session before the free skate at euros..even more she injured her left knee during the free skate that day and she couldn't recover from it...Roberta Rodeghiero will go instead...
    Last edited by Tanja90; 03-11-2011 at 12:02 PM.

I wonder if even if ISU doesn't cancel or postpone worlds, some skaters might decide to stay home because they fear for their own safety

On the Ice
    I've not posted yet so I can't post links, but if you google "Alissa Czisny" on Google News, the most recent article includes quotes from Yuka Sato who updates on the situation in the Tokyo area.

She mentions her family all being safe, and that her mom was at "Chuckyo University -- which is where Takahiko (Kozuka) and Mao (Asada) train, that's outskirts of Nagoya" and that "It was shaking hard, but no damages."

So good news from her about her family, but also that the area around where Mao is is also fine.

The article was posted on the Detroit Free Press.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank you travel bug. Now that you have one post, you are OK to post links.

Custom Title
    According to Kerrs' official website, Sinead re-injured her shoulder and they have to withdraw from WC :(

Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post
    According to Kerrs' official website, Sinead re-injured her shoulder and they have to withdraw from WC :(
    Oh no, and this was the year in which they could possibly medal. Hopefully this isn't the end of their eligible careers.

Custom Title
    The French federation has recalled Amodio from Japan. I think unless everybody, especially the athletes' parents, can be assured of the safety when and where the Worlds will be held, many entries will be withdrawn and there wouldn't be Worlds.

Let's not forget that most competitors are some people's precious young children.

Quote Originally Posted by sigrid View Post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast