Thread: Junior men's freeskate

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Junior men's freeskate

I don't know of any live feed, but at least you can follow the results.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wjc2011/SEG005.HTM

Custom Title
    Same live feed... http://gorealra.sbs.co.kr/g3/silverl...ChannelID=EV01

It is driving me nuts, but I'm still watching!

On the Ice
    I see that Jason went into 2nd - after his free at Nationals, thought he might have a little better showing. Not able to see what happened - is it because he does not have a triple axel?

Custom Title
    6 left, so I guess the warm up group is on the ice.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jozmen01 View Post
    I see that Jason went into 2nd - after his free at Nationals, thought he might have a little better showing. Not able to see what happened - is it because he does not have a triple axel?
    Considering he came into this without a 3A and with a flutz, I'd say he's doing quite well. I didn't see his entire program, but the jumps I did see were well executed.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Tweet from Gina (Skating86):

Jason Brown - 2A, 3Lz(e), 3F, 3loop, 2A, 3Lz (e)-3T, 3F-2T-2R, 3S (UR i think)-2T, He also needs the 3axel to be competitive.

That's what she thinks he landed. So it explains his score and placement. It is encouraging however that Jason still has the highest PCS (tied with Han Yan) of all the skaters in this segment with just 3 skaters left to go. So the judges are noticing what we notice about him too!

Custom Title
    From what I've seen, Jason did the following jumps today (correct me if I'm wrong)
    2A
    3(f)Lz (maybe 2-footed? I couldn't see well)
    3F
    3Lo
    2A
    3(f)Lz+3T
    3F+2T+2L
    2S+2T -> 3S+2T (Protocol's out and I see that it was 3S<+2T. From my feed (crappy) it looked almost like a 2S.)

edit : ah, Serious Business posted above

So sad that he didn't do 2F + 2A sequence here! Well, His program @ nationals was definitely better but IMO he could've had more PCS. At least he has highest PCS in CH & IN w/ 3 skaters to go (rightfully so!). Even a program not perfect still amazes me so much and leaves me wonder the possibilities and the future ahead of him.
    Last edited by magicalwords; 03-05-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Custom Title
    From the earlier groups, Jason Brown was fabulous! Not as good as Nationals, but still very good. Gordey Gorshkov was also great. He's more artistic than the current Russian men and landed a 3A.

Keiji Tanaka skated a blinder. Great technique, very clean and two 3A. Could use a bit more expression but he has a lot of potential. Wow, Japanese men.

Keegan bombed, unfortunately. :( 1A and a fall setting up for a loop. What a shame! He seems to have bad nerves.

Majorov was also very impressive - the best FS I've seen him do. I think I like him more than Schultheiss and Berntsson. Did 2 3A, on in combo with a 3T

Aaaron is really not my style. Fell on a 3Lz and a hand down on the 3Lo.

Rogozine skating currently and he's not really my style AT ALL either. But he's skating well.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    This is the first time a Canadian has won the men's world junior championships in 33 years! And only the 5th medal won by a Canadian in this discipline in these championships ever (that's 35 years)! That's something.

Keegan Messing choked big time according to reports. He was super nervous and popped the first axel, then reverted to a 3toe instead of a quad, along with other mistakes. Somehow he still managed the highest PCS of the competition. I suspect pity points? Judges trying to keep a favorite alive? I don't know what the judges were thinking but I am quite skeptical about those PCS. I love the little Hulkster, but he shouldn't be having the highest PCS when skating well, and certainly not when he's skating badly and nervously.

After a season of dominating the JGP circuit, US men are a no show on the Junior Worlds podium! Of course, Dornbush is off to senior worlds. Well, at least the US men retain 3 spots for next year. Jason improved his PCS considerably from the SP to the FS, if he gets a 3axel and/or quad, he should do quite well going forward.
    Last edited by Serious Business; 03-05-2011 at 03:11 AM.