Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Junior men's freeskate

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;-)
    I FINALLY found Alexander Majorov's LP!!!!! (Scroll down the page to watch the video.)

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm13800239

And here is the Junior Men's Medal Ceremony!

http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm13799705

On the Ice
    Thank you soo much Siberia82!
    He has also been on lokal tv and he had tears in his eyes.He was very moved by the reception at the airport and that many people were there to congratulate him.

Quote Originally Posted by EVAMARIA View Post
    You're very welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by EVAMARIA View Post
    He has also been on lokal tv and he had tears in his eyes.He was very moved by the reception at the airport and that many people were there to congratulate him.
    Yes, I know! I started a discussion topic about the hero's reception Sasha received here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...etown-of-Luleå

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    I hope when Jason Brown gets his 3axel the judges will finally take him seriously and mark his PCS accordingly. He's really already one of the best in the world in the respect IMO.
    Last edited by shine; 03-08-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Thanks,siberia , for Majorov's FP video. That was quite a search...

Another one to watch for and enjoy..lucky us!

Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Thanks,siberia , for Majorov's FP video. That was quite a search...
    Yeah, no kidding. I couldn't read Japanese if my life depended on it (and Google Translate does a poor job of translating Japanese into English ), but I managed to find what I was looking for through trial and error.

I must say that I'm extremely disappointed that Andrei's win wasn't mentioned in any of my local newspapers. There's not even an itty bitty paragraph. I guess the only junior-level sporting event that the Canadian media cares about is hockey.

This is a better version of Sasha's exhibition performance: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xhe...-majorov_sport

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    The men's competition level was (unexpectedly) high, despite the absence of Hanyu, Gachinski, Dornbush. Even making the final flight required a 3A and a 3-3. Only three years ago, a man without a 3A could win. Indeed, it's a huge progress. When most of the top junior men can do 3 3A's, the next step is obvious. I hope more junior men attempt the quad.
    I wonder why Japan didn't send Hanyu to this competition since he will not be gong to the Senior Worlds.

Jason Brown needs a Triple Axel, period. He has shown some good promise in his skating skills and creativity. However, with the top junior men today doing not one but two Triple Axels in their FS, he would not be competitive unless the competition is a splashfest. Otherwise, I really enjoyed his FS, more so than his SP.

Andrei Rogozine - solid SP and FS = Gold medal when the favorite falters. This is what happened here. With Patrick Chan being the dominant skater in Canada, it is unlikely a skater of his standard will be able to dethrone the Canadian Champion in the way that Chan replaced Buttle. However, Canada is no doubt looking for a strong #2 man internationally. Sawyer is relatively old and may not be around for much longer and Russell is still rough and inconsistent. As for Kevin Reynolds, until he got rid of Joanne McLeod or/and his hair, don't expect him to change much. There is a desire to find a wingman for Patrick Chan in the build up towards the next Olympic Games and Rogozine can ride the momentum here to position himself well next season. Certainly, he will be getting Senior GP invitations as a result of the Gold medal here. But he needs to demonstrate more than just consistency and there are clearly a lot of things he needs to work on. Personally, I think he could use some aesthetic make over but it's just me. As for all the hate he has been getting here in this thread - considering most of these posters probably never heard of his name before, it's safe to assume his Gold medal unexpectedly stepped on someone's favorite(s) who didn't deliver, therefore, the nitpicking ensued. Put it this way, nothing is more controversial than Ryan Bradley winning U.S. Championship this year. If Rogozine's win at JWC can receive so much hate, is the only possible response.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    I wonder why Japan didn't send Hanyu to this competition since he will not be gong to the Senior Worlds.
    Hanyu did not enter any junior competitions this season, because he had decided not to return to junior.

Custom Title
    Canada's Nam Nguyen wants to skate Senior next year after winning Canada's Juniors this year at age 12 and no more than 4 1/2 ft tall. His goal is to be in the top 5. I bet he's shooting for the Senior's podium 2013. He will be battling it out with Nathan Chen of the US, culminating at the showdown at 2018 Olympics.

It will be Chan and Nguyen in just a couple of years. You've got to give it to Canada that despite the lack of depth, there is always the next one to carry the torch and shine on the world stage.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 03-09-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenernaga View Post
    Hanyu did not enter any junior competitions this season, because he had decided not to return to junior.
    Does he believe he is too good to be at Junior Worlds already at 16?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Would you be offended if he did feel that way? He won the Silver at 4 Continents and scored way higher than anyone at Junior Worlds. His decision to move up to Seniors at 16 was a good one.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Would you be offended if he did feel that way? He won the Silver at 4 Continents and scored way higher than anyone at Junior Worlds. His decision to move up to Seniors at 16 was a good one.
    Do you feel Dornbush's decision was similarly good?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Does he believe he is too good to be at Junior Worlds already at 16?
    In his last season as junior, he won absolutely everything - 2 JGP, JGPF and Junior Worlds. It's understandable that he felt he had nothing left to do in junior then.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Do you feel Dornbush's decision was similarly good?
    I read somewhere he wanted to go to the Junior Worlds but was persuaded otherwise by his federation. Is that right?
    Last edited by mot; 03-09-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast