Ladies - Long Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I'm also happy to see them live up to the hype! The scores here really proved that Liza can beat Adelina. If both go clean, you can't predict the winner and that's amazing! I'm so sad for Polina though, as crazy as this sounds, she should be more relaxed entering the Senior circuit, as she has the ability to surpass both Leonova and Makarova easier than she had with Liza/Adelina. Also, I'm anxious to see Roza again, she was amazing at the last Russian cup(which she won) and at Jr nationals, where she almost beating Polina!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Geeze, it's lucky I got up early and decided to check in here because I honestly didn't expect the Ladies FS to start so soon. It seems like I just posted on the Mens FS not too long ago, just last night in fact! And now this, lol. :D

Anyhow, nice to see the American Ladies did just as well as the American Men did last night. The men were 4-5-7, and now the women are 3-4-6. :) But most importantly both earned 3 spots for next year. Here's hoping the Seniors complete the same task at Worlds! :)^)

Btw, I glanced at their Sps yesterday and imho Agnes Zawadzki is the only one that has gone through puberty completely. She looks out of place out there with the juniors. Here's hoping she's done with jrs. for good and can competes solely in the sr. division next year! *cheers*

gold12345

Medalist
Geeze, it's lucky I got up early and decided to check in here because I honestly didn't expect the Ladies FS to start so soon. It seems like I just posted on the Mens FS not too long ago, just last night in fact! And now this, lol. :D

Anyhow, nice to see the American Ladies did just as well as the American Men did last night. The men were 4-5-7, and now the women are 3-4-6. :) But most importantly both earned 3 spots for next year. Here's hoping the Seniors complete the same task at Worlds! :)^)

Btw, I glanced at their Sps yesterday and imho Agnes Zawadzki is the only one that has gone through puberty completely. She looks out of place out there with the juniors. Here's hoping she's done with jrs. for good and can competes solely in the sr. division next year! *cheers*

Just because Agnes doesn't have a little 14 yr old body, doesn't mean she's out of place in Jrs. She's only 16 for goodness sake. :laugh:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Adelina, Liza and Agnes. Glad Agnes had a great skate and moved up to medal.

I believe the US gets 3 spots in all disciplines next season. YAY!

lavender

Record Breaker
Liza has overall more content in her programs but based on this if both are clean Adelina will probably win. If Adelina makes a mistake Liza definitely has a chance. Adelina will have to add more content and now she knows.

gold12345

Medalist
The silly stream is replaying the top 3... Agnes was smiling through the last minute of that program! Such a nice moment for her. I can't believe how well Adelina does that 3Lz-3Lo! But I'm surprised she's not getting an edge call on the 3Lz.

I was impressed by this event overall. Miyabi Oba, who dropped to 8th, was actually quite good today, I thought. Lots of talent in this field.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Liza has overall more content in her programs but based on this if both are clean Adelina will probably win. If Adelina makes a mistake Liza definitely has a chance. Adelina will have to add more content and now she knows.

I believe she has more content than the senior ladies, 7 triples, 3Lz-3L, 2A-3T, so that's not the problem. But she doesn't do a 3 jump combo and has only 2 jumping passes in the second half oh her program. She and her team will probably change that next season and maximise every point. Maybe the key was for her to be constant and clean, to feel comfortable with her jumps this way( she is frontloading her jumps and doesn't have many transitions).I'm sure next season will be a different story :)

lavender

Record Breaker
I would love to see Adelina or Liza go clean. I would put Adelina first because she has better overall skating skills and present on the ice. She just has that 'it' factor but I wonder what the judges would do.

I never realized that Adelina doesn't do more combos and she still kicks but.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Adelina's 3 jump combo is the 3S+2T+2Lo. But I guess for some reason she didn't do it here. She did it at Russian Nats.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Just because Agnes doesn't have a little 14 yr old body, doesn't mean she's out of place in Jrs. She's only 16 for goodness sake.

At 16 yrs. old Oksana Baiul & Sarah Hughes were Olympic Champions. Yes, I know all about the rule changes, but my point is it's time to move on up to the elite division! :thumbsup:

She did well in Jrs., a silver & a bronze, even Oksana Baiul never earned a medal in Jrs. (lol that's because she never competed in that division). And Sarah Hughes can only boast of a silver at Jr. Worlds. So Agnes is in good company. :)

She'll fit in nicely in Seniors. She already looks like a senior skater, a lady, now she just needs the right programs! Lol in fact if I didn't know any better I would've thought she came from Texas, where they grow them tall & long-legged. :D

And not to forget Christina Gao, she too impresses me, has since I saw her & Agnes skate at US Nationals in January. Time for her too to compete solely in Srs. imho.

These two are the future faces of American Ladies Skating imho ~ Audrey Hepburn & Jerry Hall ~ with Gidget, Alyssa Milano, and Sunshine completing the quintet! :cool:

lavender

Record Breaker
Adelina's 3 jump combo is the 3S+2T+2Lo. But I guess for some reason she didn't do it here. She did it at Russian Nats.

I watched the jrgpf final and she didn't do it there either. I wonder why she's taken it out.

bekalc

Record Breaker
At 16 yrs. old Oksana Baiul & Sarah Hughes were Olympic Champions. Yes, I know all about the rule changes, but my point is it's time to move on up to the elite division! :thumbsup:

She did well in Jrs., a silver & a bronze, even Oksana Baiul never earned a medal in Jrs. (lol that's because she never competed in that division). And Sarah Hughes can only boast of a silver at Jr. Worlds. So Agnes is in good company. :)

She'll fit in nicely in Seniors. She already looks like a senior skater, a lady, now she just needs the right programs! Lol in fact if I didn't know any better I would've thought she came from Texas, where they grow them tall & long-legged. :D

And not to forget Christina Gao, she too impresses me, has since I saw her & Agnes skate at US Nationals in January. Time for her too to compete solely in Srs. imho.

These two are the future faces of American Ladies Skating imho ~ Audrey Hepburn & Jerry Hall ~ with Gidget, Alyssa Milano, and Sunshine completing the quintet! :cool:

Agnes competed on the Senior GP circuit this season and if she had done well, she might have been given the nod for Senior worlds, but she had tendency to mess up her long programs. Juniors is getting crowded anyways, so I agree time to move up.

jaylee

Medalist
I just realized that Adelina, not only won everything on the Jr circuit, but she won every single SP and LP! That's amazing.

I was curious about this stat, so did a little checking. Looking only at ISU events, Caroline Zhang in 2006-2007, Yu-Na Kim in 2005-2006, and Mao Asada in 2004-2005 also won every single SP and LP in their undefeated seasons.