Ladies - Long Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

FlattFan

Match Penalty
So here's what I'm saying though. Last season, Polina was tearing up the junior ranks, Kanako was the only one ahead of her.
Agnes and some one else also beat her at Worlds last season. Kanako wasn't the only one. The scores Vanessa put up this season (with lower GOE factored in) would be enough to beat her, too. Vanessa and Agnes weren't sent to any events last season. Agnes' first time out was the Jr World. She was not tearing up the junior rank. She was lucky to compete in a very weak year and she couldn't medal.

Also, Adelina's jumps are frankly enormous, especially considering she is quite the small girl. Her 2a-3t looks like some pairs throw jumps.
I would like to know which pairs throw was that bad.

And my point about Polina is that you never know what will happen in the coming years. She is talented and driven, and I wouldn't be surprised if she pulled a bit of an Irina in coming years. Here's Lepisto in 2006, age 17, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7YGO0Iz8A. Polina, regardless of how many no names beat her this season, is still better at 15 than Laura was at 17, and I'm pretty sure Laura medaled at the last worlds and has medaled at Europeans 3 times, and won once. So really, it's foolish to count someone out at age 15, especially when said skater has a lot of talent and big jumps like Polina does.
Are you serious? Look at the confidence in Laura's skating. Look at her speed, her skating skill. Those are the things that eventually bring up your PCS to medal contention level. Laura doesn't have the technical contents, but everything else is superior.

oleada

Record Breaker
I'd be shocked if Vanessa Lam makes it big. Her jump technique is really worrisome - no height, super quick rotation, huge flutz. If she grows any, those jumps won't be there. Polina is really unpolished and has a lot of things to work on, but I think she'll be able to compete internationally more successfully as a senior than Vanessa Lam.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
I must say the two Russian frontrunner really are phenomenal. Will be really interesting to follow them in the years to come.