Holiday Ice Dreams broadcast Dec 4 / A&E 9 pm EST | Golden Skate

Holiday Ice Dreams broadcast Dec 4 / A&E 9 pm EST

Antilles

Medalist
Loved Katia's program with the scarf.

It's been so long since I saw Paul Wylie, I forgot how wondeful he is. Took my breath away.

Nadine

Record Breaker
What an enjoyable evening of skating... :)^)

Here are some of my thoughts on tonight's "Holiday Ice Dreams":

Daria Grinkova - what an absolute doll........no lie.......she looks just like her handsome daddy, Sergei, with a touch of her mom's loveliness thrown in as well. What a joy she is ~ loved the airplane move that she did with Paul Wylie ~ but what surprised me more than all else was how grown up she is! She speaks like she's 20something and is such a little lady - no mistakes at all. :)^)

Katia Goordeva & Ilia Kulik - nice pleasant skating. :)^)

Paul Wylie - good to see him back on the ice again......dramatic skating as always......reminiscent of Todd Eldredge in fact, whom he reminded me of tonight. :)^)

Louann Donovan - first time I've really noticed her, though the first time I ever saw her skate was at 2002 Junior Worlds, where I think she skated to Bolero. And though I thought she was good at the time, she didn't really make an impression on me. That is, until tonight (no lie). I truly enjoyed both of her programs, but the second one ~ Wonder ~ really made me sit up and take notice! :eek: Absolutely loooooved it.........skating, costume, music, everything was perfect.........especially the piano music (right choice for her btw). :love: Can't wait to see more of her in future.

Brasseur & Eisler - for me, a show really isn't a show unless these two are in it (no lie) ~ love their energy, lifts, moves, music, et al ~ what a joy these two are. :)^) ***Note: btw Isabelle & Rocky have thee most darling little baby girl; seems like just yesterday Isabelle gave birth, now her baby's already talking (8^P***

Elvis Stojko - mmmm, finally I was able to see one of my favs skate. And he didn't disappoint, especially loved his second number ~ Christmas Eve Sarajevo ~ music & skater melded as one tonight. :)^) Beautiful...

Oksana Baiul - nice light-hearted number (i.e. "Mrs. Santa Claus) from one of my all-time favs, especially enjoyed the tiny segment of Oksana with the little ones, as well as handing out gifts to them. :love: But her second number ~ Russian Dance ~ was the highlight for me. It reminded me of Louann Donovan's except Oksana's music was comprised of ethereal sounding violins. In fact, there is one particular move where she actually became the violin. :)^) Exquisite...

US pair (wish I could recall their name; Orscher & Garrett???) - OMG, I can't believe I've never noticed these two before, let alone forgot their names! In fact, I don't think I've ever seen them skate before until tonight. And I have to be honest and say that their number ~ Iris ~ was the absolute highlight for me throughout the entire show (no lie; bar none). Emotional, moving, perfection - FABULOUS! They truly are two halves of a perfect whole..........at least tonight they were.........every move they did complemented one another. And OMG, their lifts were simply divine, especially due to her flexibility & his strength (ditto for their throw jump; HUGE). :love: Can't wait to see more of them, especially if they skate like they did tonight.

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. The two young men did good as well. :)^)
P.P.S. A little off-topic, but something which I found absolutely hilarious :D - the very brief segment where Elvis, Oksana, & Paul are with that gentleman whom is plugging his town/city - and they all say together "enjoy the show" (& some other words as well) - they ALL reminded me of robots! LOL! :)^DDD Couldn't stop laughing. :love: :p :D

"And I don't want the world to see me....cause I don't think they'd understand....when everything is made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am." - Iris

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Loved the show! Paul--what a total joy to see him skate again! Scott Smith reminds me of Paul in style and even in looks! Louann Donovan needs some more emotional connection to her skating and she could stretch out more. However, her spins are really WONDERFUL, especially her layback. What speed!

Oksana--oh my gosh, she was fabulous. Such speed, such grace and elegance. So nice to see her skating to "normal" music--she doesn't need to be a drama queen to be exquisite, as I'm sure she must have realized.

Loved Brasseur & Eisler. They always take my breath away with the way he tosses her around with her head two inches from the ice.
:love:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Katie Orscher and Garrett Lucash skated in the Grand Prix this fall, with disappointing results (8th of 10 at Skate America, and 9th of 10 at Skate Canada). Their "Spartacus" FS was shown, I think, in the Skate America telecast.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I loved it and of course, was thrilled to see Paul skate again. I am so impressed with Daria. She speaks flawless English, and her Russian sounded accent free........Both of my parents were bi-lingual and spoke English/Italian and English/Finnish without accents.......I guess that comes from growing up with both languages at the same time.............42

katherine2001

On the Ice
I'm so glad that it will be reshown. I just got cable installed today (having gotten sick of only having NBC and PAX for the last 10 months). I'm glad that I will be able to see this after all. I definitely want to see Paul Wylie and Daria. I can't believe how big she has gotten.

heyang

Record Breaker
Isabelle & Rocky's daughter was absolutely adorable. So cute and bright.

I really enjoyed this show. It was fun to watch Daria do some pairs skaters with Paul. Daria looks like Sergei, but I think she's got her Mom's way of smiling.

Did anyone else notice that Lloyld had to pull up Isabelle's jeans up because they were too low-riding?

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
heyang I saw that too, the moon coming out a little early:laugh:

Isabelle's daughter soooo cute.

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Holiday Ice Dreams

I was sooooo happy to see that! It was so great-they had skaters that haven't skated for awhile & some newer skaters! It was so great to see Oskana Baiul, Paul Wylie, Elvis Stoiko, Katia, Ilia, & her daughter, Daria! I had seen Daria skate on tv a little bit when she was younger & recently, before the show, on the internet(video), but not on tv! I had to tape it! That was what I was thinking-that Daria looked alot like her dad, Sergei, & like her mom, Katia, too! I can't wait to see more of her in the future! I loved Katia's red scarf routine!

Kasey

Medalist
Rediscovering Kulik!!!

Okay....so Ilia Kulik is HOTTTT!!! What a talented skater and dancer! I've always liked him "okay", never a huge fan or something....after seeing him in this, I would go to a show JUST to see him....and there's maybe two other skaters I'd do that for! Also, LOVE Katia's scarf program....she is awesome. How many skaters can you watch just skate, not even care if they do any jumps or not? Great show!!!

Kasey

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
windspirit, thanks for the info. I'll have to make sure I tape it this time.

Gardenkitty

Rinkside
This was a wonderful show! Very well done with some great pure skating.

Paul Wylie is a treat on the ice, but I loved the huge smile he had when he finished his numbers. You could tell he enjoyed skating again almost as much as I enjoyed seeing him.

Daria is a little doll - so cute and enthusiastic and at times she looks so much like Sergei, but with all her mom's charm!

Nadine, I'm glad you felt that way about Orscher and Lucash. I saw them at a pre-season exhibition and was amazed by how much progress they had made. They've only skated together for a couple of years and last year everything seemed a little slow and thought out. At the show, they were great, but then I was disappointed to see not so great results on the grand prix. However, they have spark and charisma and if they get consistent with their jumps (which hopefully willl come in time, they're a young team), I think they could be very good.

Katia's last number to I hope You Dance was just beautiful and so appropriate for her! Ilia was great as usual, but I understand they cut one of his numbers which was a shame. I"m glad they showed some of the lesser known skaters like Louann, but I wish we had seen all of Ilia's numbers.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Gardenkitty said:
Ilia was great as usual, but I understand they cut one of his numbers which was a shame. I"m glad they showed some of the lesser known skaters like Louann, but I wish we had seen all of Ilia's numbers.

Yes, that was strange that they cut Ilia´s second number as they showed all the others, I believe. Ilia´s other number, "Green Tomatoes", is though very enjoyable indeed. I have not seen this show yet, but Ilia skated to it in SOI Antwerp from where a few video clips have been provided.

On the other hand Ilia´s second number "A House Is Not A Home" we have already seen on TV from Ice Wars competition. Besides on December 20 it will be in some way, LOL, shown in the Bacharach Tribute On Ice broadcast where Ilia is skating to live music (James Ingram singing). Unfortunately these live music events are sometimes edited in the way that one does not get to see much of a skater´s performance. We will see how it will be this time, and hope for the best, LOL.

http://www.dissonskating.com/our_events/bacharach.htm

Marjaana

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think what most impressed me about Daria is it seems like she is really a happy, happy child. She had said something about her dad (Ilia) and just beamed. From a child, that could not be phony.

Dee