faiella/scali= not on the list for world's 2011 | Golden Skate

faiella/scali= not on the list for world's 2011

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sad about this news too. I really liked this team through the years, and loved their Olympic season programs in particular. Plus they trained in our area.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I would have liked to see the FD again. Maybe they'll keep it as a show program, if they do skate in shows but idk if Federica's too injured for even that.

KMK0902

On the Ice
I'm sad for them too. But it would have been close to impossible to better their 3rd place from last year.

They should have retired after last year! if they had, they would have gone out with a bang and not like this with a bad showing at Euros....

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
From the blog

Massimo Scali said:
As an athlete, I have always thought that we could reach immortality only with a gold medal, but now I have understood that the real immortality comes in the memories and the love of all the people that touched our lives.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I didnt know they were planning to retire after Euros, do they have an injury or somethin? Why they dont stay more, so nice team to watch..

The last time I saw this team live was when they volunteered their time to perform at a local benefit show here for a very sick little girl who's family needed help with catastropic hospital bills. :clap: :clap: :clap:

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
I didnt know they were planning to retire after Euros, do they have an injury or somethin? Why they dont stay more, so nice team to watch..

I think they planned to go on 'til worlds, but Euros were too much a delusion..They and their fans hoped for a different results, since they're two time silver medalists and domnina-shabalin retired.
But after problems during the GP-season, disappointing Euros, probably they decided to stop there and not-defend their world bronze (it'd have been very very difficult, with this year standings...)
Sooo sad, hope to see them in shows and looking for Massimo's works in choreo!

russell30

Final Flight
They planned to do just Europeans to claim gold and go out on a high just like Sarah Meier, although for Sarah it was unexpected but it made her career and the highlight of the championships.

*Boa*

Spectator
They planned to do just Europeans to claim gold and go out on a high just like Sarah Meier, although for Sarah it was unexpected but it made her career and the highlight of the championships.

That was not their plan, sorry. Things changed during season after injuries and other difficult moments along the way..
Anyway, thanks to them for their professionalism and all the detailed programs they performed season after season

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Well, Massimo will be coaching in Detroit with Krylova & Camerlengo, so perhaps we will see him here in the US