Thread: Just seen on IN: Dube/Davison split

Tripping on the Podium

News Just seen on IN: Dube/Davison split

no more details than that but wanted to get it out there

Custom Title

more on Dube /Davison

Quote Originally Posted by silversprings77 View Post
    no more details than that but wanted to get it out there
    theres a brief article about it on Universal sports which says they both plan to " stay active in figure skating" but it doesnt say whether as competitors or coaches or what . Apparently according to a post on another site, there will be more forthcoming this afternoon .Maybe they will be having a press conference with Skate Canada ?

So sad !
    Gottadance

Custom Title
    Here is the Universal Sports article:

http://www.universalsports.com/news/...on+partnership

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Sorry to hear it. I always liked them.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Who's going to skate to muzak version of adult contemporary hits now?

On the Ice

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Serious business..I hope not Jessica,if she skates with Cody.

Custom Title
    Brodeur/Mattatal love muzak.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Good grief ! Steve Milton speculates that she wants to skate singles and he wants to heal and look for a new partner, as seen on FSU (sorry,I couldn't make the link work ). I find that beyond bizarre, and I hope it's not for real.
    Canadian women's skating needs something all right..but * sigh *..that doesn't seem like a fix for anyone.

ETA: It's one thing to skate with a new partner at 23 .. but surely another thing entirely to come back to singles...
    Last edited by colleen o'neill; 03-10-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I wonder if Jessica will try a career in singles. She has the potential to be Canada's #1 right now.

Custom Title
    I don't think Jessica will go too far in singles. She for one does not have a triple toe ( although she has landed lutzes before - wierd ) . Really the lutz and salchow are her only triples. I pretty sure she has never tried the loop and the flip is inconsistent.

The fact that with all these problems she could still finish top 5 at senior nationals ( with full time singles dedication ) says more about the state of the Canadian ladies. There is nothing promising coming up from junior either.

What would be interesting ( won't happen I know ) is if Duhamel returned to singles. She really can land all the triples and could win senior ladies right now.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Serious business..I hope not Jessica,if she skates with Cody.
    Colleen, I hope Cody finds a better jumper than Jess.

Custom Title
    They had that peak at 2008 worlds but when down. They really recovered from that blade accident. Also winning bronze at 2008 worlds was K/N in dance and they broke up because of his injury-well he retired. I mean good luck to them in the future. Canada lady skating is poor right now so Dube can get lots of assignments and do great. Pairs is strong so bryce will need time to move up with a new partner.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    They had that peak at 2008 worlds but when down. They really recovered from that blade accident. Also winning bronze at 2008 worlds was K/N in dance and they broke up because of his injury-well he retired. I mean good luck to them in the future. Canada lady skating is poor right now so Dube can get lots of assignments and do great. Pairs is strong so bryce will need time to move up with a new partner.
    I wish them both luck but can't forget how embarrassed I felt for skating and the CoP after seeing their scores in Vancouver.
    They were off , every team I saw looked better and mercifully SC won't have to spend political capital holding this below average team up at future events.

Sorry, but I thought they really skated poorly in Vancouver. Their ridiculously generous scores in Vancouver were a low point of the Olympics for me.
    Last edited by janetfan; 03-10-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Custom Title

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast