Just seen on IN: Dube/Davison split | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Just seen on IN: Dube/Davison split

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Since Bryce may/might be a dual citizen, perhaps he can skate with Caydee Denney. Of course, I don't know if either country will have trouble letting the other one go...

I think there might be a size problem. Bryce is a really skinny guy (I've seen him in person), and Caydee Denney is bigger than the average pairs girl. Of course, I've never seen her in person and she might be a lot smaller than she looks on tv, but I still think she's bigger than a lot of other girls who skate pairs (NOT saying she's fat, btw).

KMK0902

On the Ice
D&D announce an end to their partnership...

...Jessica is going to skate singles :rolleye: until she finds a new partner. Bryce is going to try to find a new partner

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think there might be a size problem. Bryce is a really skinny guy (I've seen him in person), and Caydee Denney is bigger than the average pairs girl. Of course, I've never seen her in person and she might be a lot smaller than she looks on tv, but I still think she's bigger than a lot of other girls who skate pairs (NOT saying she's fat, btw).

Considering Jeremy is your smaller than average pairs partner, I'm pretty sure bryce could "handle" Caydee.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Hernando, I have to agree with your post. I thought D/D had some good moments over the years, especially of course at 2008 Worlds. However, after that, their career seemed to go in the wrong direction. They couldn't skate consistently . . . and, IMO, they were terribly overscored at the Vancouver Olympics. I felt like they should have been no higher than tenth at the Olympics, if that; yet somehow they came in sixth and beat teams who skated much better than they did. It was really kind of disgraceful, just an obvious example of the hometown team being held up by the judges, I guess under pressure from the Canadian federation and the jingoistic Canadian press coverage. So, maybe best for them to move on at this point, especially considering their personal relationship (can't have been easy to keep skating together after their breakup).

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Not very surprising. Their partnership died a long drawnout death.
Interesting that she is going to Concordia (Orange County, CA). Maybe she will start training with Mr. Nicks?

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
oh, thanks for clarifying. There is one in California too.

Concordia is a name used by many universities worldwide. The only link they have is they are all affiliated with the Lutheran Church. Now, the student body isn't necessarily Lutheran (two friends of mine attended the one in Irvine--one Jewish, the other atheist), but yes, Concordia University is all over =)

As for Bryce, I would love to see him try out with Caydee, since he does have automatic American citizenship (being born in California). They may not have to sit out the year, since Bryce didn't compete this year. But only if Canada lets him go =P

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Just did a quick Google search. Caydee Denney is listed on various sites as 4'11" and Bryce Davison is listed as 6'0". So, at least in terms of height, seems like they would be a good match. I think the question is if their body type/line is compatible. As I recall, Bryce is sort of a tall & lean type guy, whereas Caydee appears a bit more compact & muscular. If they do a tryout, their coaches will no doubt evaluate their look together on the ice to see if a partnership could work. Seems like a tryout would definitely be worth it.

I do hope Caydee finds another partner--if not Bryce, then someone else good. When she & Jeremy first came on the scene, I was not a huge fan of theirs, and felt Caydee needed to improve her posture, esp. in terms of her back carriage. However, as time has passed and she's started to mature, it does seem to me that Caydee has that special "it" factor--that spark, charisma, and flair--that is quite important in a female pairs skater. I feel she is just getting started in terms of her skating--hopefully she can find another partner soon. Maybe Bryce?

blue dog

Record Breaker
(Odd--Bryce and I have the same birthday)

I think it would be worth a tryout, since they're both at the elite level. Again, I do wonder if they will even try out, since he skates for Canada and she skates for the US. They're both American citizens, but Bryce might want to skate for Canada, or Canada may be reluctant to let him go.

Tesla

Final Flight
(Odd--Bryce and I have the same birthday)

I think it would be worth a tryout, since they're both at the elite level. Again, I do wonder if they will even try out, since he skates for Canada and she skates for the US. They're both American citizens, but Bryce might want to skate for Canada, or Canada may be reluctant to let him go.

But if he has dual citizenship, is release really an issue?

wallylutz

Medalist
But if he has dual citizenship, is release really an issue?

Yes, Skate Canada can still make it almost impossible for him to switch country considering his age, which means he can't afford to wait 2 years. But in his case, I believe there is a chance Skate Canada could release him given he is now without a partner and no real prospect in sight.

wallylutz

Medalist
I don't think Bryce is really 6.0", at least I didn't feel he is that tall when I met him. He is definitely very lean, maybe a little too much for a male pair skater and looks a little funny off ice when he wears his glasses.

Another thing people haven't mentioned yet here and this is public knowledge so I am not disclosing private information is that Jessica Dube has been dating Scott Moir for some time and Bryce Davidson has publicly stated he has misgivings and mixed feelings about his skating partner seeing another guy for some time now. Jessica seemed to separate her personal life and work life well but Bryce was the one who thought this could affect their partnership and not in a positive way. I couldn't say anything more because the rest is not public information and the mods will nail me if I say anything more.

So anyway, when Bryce said he was surprised that Jessica decides to end their partnership, I can't say I am surprised. If they are still skating competitively with real prospect, that's one thing. But he is now injured and they are without prospect...well, that's really tough with personal elements mixed in there...

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't think Bryce is really 6.0", at least I didn't feel he is that tall when I met him. He is definitely very lean, maybe a little too much for a male pair skater and looks a little funny off ice when he wears his glasses.

Another thing people haven't mentioned yet here and this is public knowledge so I am not disclosing private information is that Jessica Dube has been dating Scott Moir for some time and Bryce Davidson has publicly stated he has misgivings and mixed feelings about his skating partner seeing another guy for some time now. Jessica seemed to separate her personal life and work life well but Bryce was the one who thought this could affect their partnership and not in a positive way. I couldn't say anything more because the rest is not public information and the mods will nail me if I say anything more.

So anyway, when Bryce said he was surprised that Jessica decides to end their partnership, I can't say I am surprised. If they are still skating competitively with real prospect, that's one thing. But he is now injured and they are without prospect...well, that's really tough with personal elements mixed in there...

Bryce has a girlfriend himself.. if he was saying Jessica shouldn't see someone else that strikes me as hypocritical..

T

Taffy

All of that brouhaha happened some time ago, and yes, it was very public. But Jessica and Bryce have actually looked very happy and comfortable with each other for quite a while. I doubt their personal SO's had anything to do with this decision.

gold12345

Medalist
Just did a quick Google search. Caydee Denney is listed on various sites as 4'11" and Bryce Davison is listed as 6'0". So, at least in terms of height, seems like they would be a good match. I think the question is if their body type/line is compatible. As I recall, Bryce is sort of a tall & lean type guy, whereas Caydee appears a bit more compact & muscular. If they do a tryout, their coaches will no doubt evaluate their look together on the ice to see if a partnership could work. Seems like a tryout would definitely be worth it.

Denney is definitely taller than that now, and Davison is definitely shorter than that, but I still think that could work. Their look together would be odd (she's just not that polished), but beggars can't be choosers. At least they both have experience at a relatively high level.

blue dog

Record Breaker
Denney is definitely taller than that now, and Davison is definitely shorter than that, but I still think that could work. Their look together would be odd (she's just not that polished), but beggars can't be choosers. At least they both have experience at a relatively high level.

A few years ago, a relatively unpolished girl from Ukraine came to Germany to meet a relatively unpolished man. They are now World champions.

herios

Medalist
A few years ago, a relatively unpolished girl from Ukraine came to Germany to meet a relatively unpolished man. They are now World champions.

Well. the relatively unpolished girl from Ukraine was a world junior champion, so she was someone....

bekalc

Record Breaker

Well said relatively unpolished girl from Ukraine has much better skating skills than the unpolished girl from America.

Jessica seemed to separate her personal life and work life well but Bryce was the one who thought this could affect their partnership and not in a positive way.

From the rumors I've heard, I think your leaving quite a bit out Wally. It seems to me that both Jessica/Bryce had issues seperating personal/professional.

Last edited: