Thread: Stars On Ice - Vancouver - Front Row Seats!

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Stars On Ice - Vancouver - Front Row Seats!

Wow! Thanks to a gift from my husband, I had the best seats in the house at last nights Stars on Ice tour here in Vancouver, BC. Talk about fabulous. It was the tours last performance of the season and what a show they put on!! I was up close and personal with all of the skaters. Kurt Browning of course, was amazing as always. I loved Kurt's hobo clown routine he performed with David Pelletier and Sasha Cohen. Speaking of Sasha, I love her hair! It's short and curly, she looks so cute! Jeff Buttle was "poetry in motion" in one of his programs. Virture and Moir skated their new competitive program from this season - brought everyone to their feet. David Pelletier and Jamie Sale brought down the house with their program to "Let's go Crazy" by Prince.

Shawn Sawyer (he's so short!!) absolutely dazzled us with his amazing speed and tricks on the blade. Also, there were a few surprise guest skaters: the newly crowned world champion Miki Ando and Takahiko Kozuka who were fabulous.

Joannie Rochette stole our hearts (once again) and Evan Lysacek was outstanding. What great show. I even shook hands with some of the skaters after the show as they did their final bows and waves goodbye to us.

Thanks for the review. I know you had a great time!

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    It's so nice when husbands support our passion! I'm glad you got to go... in style! It sounds great. I've never seen a competitive program in SOI.

On the Ice
    I was also lucky enough to attend the Vancouver SOI (also with husband in tow!). It was absolutely wonderful! Takahiko Kozuka is probably my new favourite male skater, but I was so impressed with the calibre of ALL the skaters.

My husband was also very impressed and loved the part where David Pelletier flew a kite on the ice. I have big respect for David Pelletier now - he is a superb skater in his own right, not to mention great at presenting Jamie.

I was thrilled to see V/M do their Latin routine - so awesome. I did seem to the only one clapping for their twizzles in my section ;-)

The thing I was most impressed with was the skaters' skating skills in their group numbers - wonderful smooth turns, deep edges, beautiful body lines. I particularly love Joannie's landing position - beautiful turn out every time!!!

I could keep gushing all day about these skaters. It is safe to say that any time I can get to one of the SOI shows in the future I will be going!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    How lucky you both were to be able to go! It sounds wonderful.

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

Custom Title
    That sounds wonderful! I'll look for bits of it on YouTube.

I wonder if V&M will keep their competitive program from last year now that they've practiced it so much and smoothed it out. After all, they didn't get much of a chance to air it during the past season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    That sounds wonderful! I'll look for bits of it on YouTube.

I wonder if V&M will keep their competitive program from last year now that they've practiced it so much and smoothed it out. After all, they didn't get much of a chance to air it during the past season.
    No. They couldnt use this dance for next season, because SD will be with rhumba pattern dance.
    And they didnt made announcment will they skate next season or no.