Petition to ISU: Move Worlds To Another Venue This Spring | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Petition to ISU: Move Worlds To Another Venue This Spring

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Signed....Thanks! BTW I made a tiny url to send to my friends of your link....

http://tinyurl.com/4abf4gg

I am going to send it to my inside spies at the USFSA for their personal use. :thumbsup:

This is what I sent to them....
This is not an official request but just an FYI
Many of us fans think the worlds need to be moved and held in the next few month....

We have signed a petition to the ISU....

http://tinyurl.com/4abf4gg

We are all very sorry about Japan, New Zealand, Katrina and all the other natural disasters that happen every year,
but we see no need or use to make a statement by canceling the Worlds....make it a tribute, yes, but hold them....Rise!
chris

Last edited:

sorcerer

Final Flight
eyria, it seems to me that there is this upper limit set at 1500.

Does the petition stop there? Just my misunderstanding?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I wish the petition included South Korea (Junior Worlds), China, or Taiwan (4CC) as possible locations.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
eyria, it seems to me that there is this upper limit set at 1500.

Does the petition stop there? Just my misunderstanding?

I think it's okay--we're up to 1506 signatures now, and it's still recording more. What happens is the progress bar at the top gets "reset" every time a certain threshold number is met. I think it resets at every 500 signatures.

Thanks so much to everyone for signing and spreading the word!! I never dreamed we'd get so many signatures! Makes you realize what a great community we have supporting figure skating!

I'm doing my best to draw a little press attention to the petition. Have sent tweets to Phil Hersh and Christine Brennan, and submitted emails to some of the major newspapers about it. If anyone has any press contacts and would like to pass on word to them, please feel free! Thanks everyone!!

IceSkate98

Rinkside
eyria, great idea about drawing attention to the press and newspapers. Here's a link to contact the ISU. I know the petition is already addressed to the ISU but I felt it wouldn't hurt if actual people (fans and skaters) that have signed the petition sent the ISU a link to the petition. If others that have signed the petition also wish to send the link to the ISU, please feel free to do so. The more the better. :biggrin:

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vform/page...0886-132194-74548-user-feedback-start,00.html

Serious Business

Record Breaker
We did it! Great success! The ISU has announced that they are accepting bids for a relocated Worlds scheduled for spring! Hugs and gropes all around!

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Yes--I'd like to think our petition helped encourage the ISU to make this decision! Thanks again to everyone for signing!!