Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Petition to ISU: Move Worlds To Another Venue This Spring

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    eyria, it seems to me that there is this upper limit set at 1500.

Does the petition stop there? Just my misunderstanding?
    I think it's okay--we're up to 1506 signatures now, and it's still recording more. What happens is the progress bar at the top gets "reset" every time a certain threshold number is met. I think it resets at every 500 signatures.

Thanks so much to everyone for signing and spreading the word!! I never dreamed we'd get so many signatures! Makes you realize what a great community we have supporting figure skating!

I'm doing my best to draw a little press attention to the petition. Have sent tweets to Phil Hersh and Christine Brennan, and submitted emails to some of the major newspapers about it. If anyone has any press contacts and would like to pass on word to them, please feel free! Thanks everyone!!

eyria, great idea about drawing attention to the press and newspapers. Here's a link to contact the ISU. I know the petition is already addressed to the ISU but I felt it wouldn't hurt if actual people (fans and skaters) that have signed the petition sent the ISU a link to the petition. If others that have signed the petition also wish to send the link to the ISU, please feel free to do so. The more the better.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vform/page/...-start,00.html

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Signed!
    Doris, you are forever immortalized as the 1,500th signer!

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    We did it! Great success! The ISU has announced that they are accepting bids for a relocated Worlds scheduled for spring! Hugs and gropes all around!

Custom Title
    Yes--I'd like to think our petition helped encourage the ISU to make this decision! Thanks again to everyone for signing!!

Custom Title

Custom Title

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3