Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Champion Skater Jamie Sale Flaunts Her Figure in January 2004 FHM

Olympic Champion Skater Jamie Sale Flaunts Her Figure in January 2004 FHM

Here's the link

.....sorry guys, this magazine doesn't bare all like Playboy :D

Tres cool! Thanks for the info.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Wow!! That girl is definitely NOT shy!!! Good for her to be happy with how she looks though.

Can I just say how glad I am that I don't moderate at their official board right now?!?! LOL

Rogue Leader
    That's quite the picture.

Yet another supposed role model shows young girls that it's okay to dress sleazily and pose for sleazy photos. I would certainly hate for MY daughter to think this photo is okay because it is definitely not.
    Last edited by RealtorGal; 12-06-2003 at 10:47 AM.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Olympic Champion Skater Jamie Sale Flaunts Her Figure in January 2004 FHM

Figure skating and skaters have sure changed since the days of Barbara Ann Scott! She would be shocked! Poor Barbara had to give back her sports car and could not endorse anything as that would ruin her status. Times have certainly changed indeed. I don't like the way skaters are becoming part of the "seamy" side of the entertainment world. Figure skating always had a wholesome image - I wish the skaters would keep it that way. I hardly think Jamie needs to sink that low to earn a few dollars. I am disappointed in Jamie!

Barbara Ann Scott
    Last edited by Ladskater; 12-05-2003 at 09:35 PM.

Sorry, I have to agree with RG and Lad. It is disgusting.

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds

Question

Just curious about something. Do you guys who feel that way about this photo shoot have the same feelings towards someone who, like Michelle Kwan did a few years back, posed in her bikini for a national magazine? Or for Kat Witt who posed for Playboy? Or for any other person who has posed like this before? Its not like Jamie bared ALL here and actually, as an artist who took a figure drawing class in college, these pictures are actually really tastefully done. I have definitely seen worse ones out there. Its not like she's smoking a cigarette or has a bottle of booze in her hand or something. Its her perogative to do something like this and I have no problem with it (and I would be considered the big prude by my friends at home, LOL). I was just curious. :D

Jesus, why do you people have to be so freaking judgmental? I could understand it if it were your daughter, but it isn't. It's enough to say you don't like it/don't approve of it. "Sink that low", "disgusting", etc.? She didn't kill any kittens, did she? I know that some of you go to church, some of us don't, but you don't see us calling it stupid, etc. And this is the difference in expressing our opinions I'm talking about. You have the right to disagree and not approve, but calling it disgusting and low? How nice.

I don't particularly like the pics (not the "I'm going to pee" pose and big panties, anyway), and maybe I wouldn't like it if it were my daughter, but it isn't my daughter (come to think of it, I'd choose that over her being judgmental anytime). She didn't hurt anyone, she's an adult, it's her choice, and you don't have the right to judge her for it. Why is it so personal to some people, who are not her parents, not even friends? Not everyone lives according to your morals, nor should.
    Last edited by windspirit; 12-05-2003 at 10:54 PM.

Rogue Leader
    I don't see anything wrong with baring the human body. What's so disgusting about it?

It's not like she's always flaunting her goods. it's her choice and I respect that.

I wish I had me a butt like dat. I'd be posin' for every picture book out 'der!

...oh, what's a moral? Isn't that a picture too? I didn't know we had any of 'dem in this forum.

Lord almighty knows we got enough judgin' goin' around that we don't need judges here - unless they understand the universal Characteristics of Personalities (CoP) and can explain it to us

Assuming that only the 1 picture was viewable, there wasn't anything particularly lewd about the picture IMO. She looks like she's wearing a bikini from the back. Frankly, there are many more revealing bathing suits.

Don't know what the other pictures look like, but I'm not going to rush out to buy this magazine, either.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    windspirit:

Using profanity is not necessary here; neither is questioning others opinions about something they feel strongly about. It's just an opinion.

I would feel the same way about any skater posing semi-nude or nude (as Katarina did for Playboy).

I just think it ruins the image of figure skating and the "Ladies" discipline in particular. Since when do skaters have to portray themselves as "sexy?" There are enough models and women in the entertainment business doing that (Britney Spears for example). I was just surprised it was Jamie; It's her life, and I will still be an avid fan of Jamie and David. By the way, Katarina's Playboy "spread" (no pun intended) did not surprise me. That's Katarina.

As for the judging - "Judge not Ye be judged."
    Last edited by Ladskater; 12-06-2003 at 03:11 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Jamie looks incredible! There is nothing more beautiful than an athlete's body. I think it ranks right up there as one of God's masterpieces, just as beautiful as any sunset! We were always taught in our house not to be ashamed of our bodies, to respect them and take care of them, and keep them fit. There are a lot more disgusting things people do with their bodies than showing some skin, just walk around any mall on any day and look at the heart attacks waiting to happen. Talk about role models

Besides her amazing body, I am struck by the beauty of her face. The makeup and lighting certainly is flattering. Go Canadian skaters! First Shae-Lynn and now Jamie!

Rogue Leader
    She definitely looks prettier than normal. She is an attractive girl, but it always amazes me what camera people can do. I went to the magazine's site and saw the other photos. You don't actually have to buy the magazine to see them.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast