Olympic Champion Skater Jamie Sale Flaunts Her Figure in January 2004 FHM | Golden Skate

Olympic Champion Skater Jamie Sale Flaunts Her Figure in January 2004 FHM

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Here's the link

.....sorry guys, this magazine doesn't bare all like Playboy :D

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Wow!! That girl is definitely NOT shy!!! Good for her to be happy with how she looks though. :eek:

Can I just say how glad I am that I don't moderate at their official board right now?!?! LOL :laugh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Yet another supposed role model shows young girls that it's okay to dress sleazily and pose for sleazy photos. I would certainly hate for MY daughter to think this photo is okay because it is definitely not.

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker

Figure skating and skaters have sure changed since the days of Barbara Ann Scott! She would be shocked! Poor Barbara had to give back her sports car and could not endorse anything as that would ruin her status. Times have certainly changed indeed. I don't like the way skaters are becoming part of the "seamy" side of the entertainment world. Figure skating always had a wholesome image - I wish the skaters would keep it that way. I hardly think Jamie needs to sink that low to earn a few dollars. I am disappointed in Jamie!

http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/obj/h12/f1/tscott.jpg

Barbara Ann Scott

Last edited:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Just curious about something. Do you guys who feel that way about this photo shoot have the same feelings towards someone who, like Michelle Kwan did a few years back, posed in her bikini for a national magazine? Or for Kat Witt who posed for Playboy? Or for any other person who has posed like this before? Its not like Jamie bared ALL here and actually, as an artist who took a figure drawing class in college, these pictures are actually really tastefully done. I have definitely seen worse ones out there. :eek: Its not like she's smoking a cigarette or has a bottle of booze in her hand or something. Its her perogative to do something like this and I have no problem with it (and I would be considered the big prude by my friends at home, LOL). I was just curious. :D

windspirit

On the Ice
Jesus, why do you people have to be so freaking judgmental? I could understand it if it were your daughter, but it isn't. It's enough to say you don't like it/don't approve of it. "Sink that low", "disgusting", etc.? She didn't kill any kittens, did she? I know that some of you go to church, some of us don't, but you don't see us calling it stupid, etc. And this is the difference in expressing our opinions I'm talking about. You have the right to disagree and not approve, but calling it disgusting and low? How nice. :rolleye:

I don't particularly like the pics (not the "I'm going to pee" pose and big panties, anyway), and maybe I wouldn't like it if it were my daughter, but it isn't my daughter (come to think of it, I'd choose that over her being judgmental anytime). She didn't hurt anyone, she's an adult, it's her choice, and you don't have the right to judge her for it. Why is it so personal to some people, who are not her parents, not even friends? Not everyone lives according to your morals, nor should.

Last edited:

Antilles

Medalist
I don't see anything wrong with baring the human body. What's so disgusting about it?

It's not like she's always flaunting her goods. it's her choice and I respect that.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish I had me a butt like dat. I'd be posin' for every picture book out 'der! http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/images/smilies/banana.gif

...oh, what's a moral? Isn't that a picture too? I didn't know we had any of 'dem in this forum.

Lord almighty knows we got enough judgin' goin' around that we don't need judges here - unless they understand the universal Characteristics of Personalities (CoP) and can explain it to us ;)

heyang

Record Breaker
Assuming that only the 1 picture was viewable, there wasn't anything particularly lewd about the picture IMO. She looks like she's wearing a bikini from the back. Frankly, there are many more revealing bathing suits.

Don't know what the other pictures look like, but I'm not going to rush out to buy this magazine, either.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
windspirit:

Using profanity is not necessary here; neither is questioning others opinions about something they feel strongly about. It's just an opinion.

I would feel the same way about any skater posing semi-nude or nude (as Katarina did for Playboy).

I just think it ruins the image of figure skating and the "Ladies" discipline in particular. Since when do skaters have to portray themselves as "sexy?" There are enough models and women in the entertainment business doing that (Britney Spears for example). I was just surprised it was Jamie; It's her life, and I will still be an avid fan of Jamie and David. By the way, Katarina's Playboy "spread" (no pun intended) did not surprise me. That's Katarina.

As for the judging - "Judge not Ye be judged."

Last edited:

CassidyL

Rinkside
Jamie looks incredible! There is nothing more beautiful than an athlete's body. I think it ranks right up there as one of God's masterpieces, just as beautiful as any sunset! We were always taught in our house not to be ashamed of our bodies, to respect them and take care of them, and keep them fit. There are a lot more disgusting things people do with their bodies than showing some skin, just walk around any mall on any day and look at the heart attacks waiting to happen. Talk about role models :rolleye:

Besides her amazing body, I am struck by the beauty of her face. The makeup and lighting certainly is flattering. Go Canadian skaters! First Shae-Lynn and now Jamie!

Antilles

Medalist
She definitely looks prettier than normal. She is an attractive girl, but it always amazes me what camera people can do. I went to the magazine's site and saw the other photos. You don't actually have to buy the magazine to see them.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Windspirit, well, now who's judging? I especially don't care for using the name of the Lord in vain. I'm sorry if our OPINIONS aren't the same as yours but if you remember I was one of them not caring for Michelle's skin baring either. I may be an old fuddy duddy but I don't care. My oldest daughter still remembers how awful I was to not let her bare her belly button! :laugh:
So, low necklines, etc. still bother me but I don't hold it against you.
Also, there are many that make fun of Christians. Or tell us we are wrong. It may make us boil under the skin but it is a free country. I still won't hold it against you either. Now, can we calm down. We all have opinions. I don't suppose there could be an opinion if no one judged. So, I will still like you anyway.

Last edited:

alina

Rinkside
I just think it ruins the image of figure skating and the "Ladies" discipline in particular. Since when do skaters have to portray themselves as "sexy?"
I disagree.
First I think such photos don´t ruin the image of figure skating (judges doing arrangements ruin figure skating!).
Second: Look at the ladies skating on the ice in their costumes - they try to wear sexy outfits (I think about Sasha´s and Diana Poth´s costumes - only examples, there are much more). They portray themselves as "sexy" on the ice . The time of high-necked costumes is gone. The material of the costumes is getting less and more and more transparent. Isn´t that sexy?
Third: Jamie showed some skin - that´s all. If she is happy with that - ok - btw: she looks beautiful.
I think it´s a little bit exaggerated to say :" It is disgusting" - but that´s only my opinion.
Alina

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Well, I viewed the pictures and I don't consider myself a prude, but the first shot of Jamie with her back arched is more than a "cheesecake" pose with a skimpy costume. The rest were tastefully done.............42

mzheng

Record Breaker
Why it is not surpprised to me. She has never been my taste on or off ice. She is the kind of person gives me the impression do whatever to take ...