Olympic Champion Skater Jamie Sale Flaunts Her Figure in January 2004 FHM | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Olympic Champion Skater Jamie Sale Flaunts Her Figure in January 2004 FHM

Cassie

Rinkside
Beautiful... sexy ... and absolutly stunning.

Heather .. that into post was great .. we are all doing OK :)

bleuchick

On the Ice
what to say....

1st - pose or not is her pergotive. Personally, I would need a few more drinks to go that far. :laugh: :laugh: THAT my dear is the challenge from my point of view.

2nd - let just stick to "we are fans of skating" period. Like Paula said, there is so much judging going on...on the ice and on the internet. I do not like what Jamie has done but I will not judge her on this one because I think this is none of my business.

3rd - this is old news. She mentioned this to her fans on their site during the summer. Apparently, her name was on the FHM list for two years. They asked her to take a picture and she took one - jeans and a nice black top.

4th - this is no way defending Jamie. She is an adult and can defend herself.

if you are wondering what Dave thought?

- well he is fine with it. Then again, he is french.

*** I may still be living in a cave but I see skaters as equal to us. I don't put them on a pedestal or expect them to be a certain way because I don't think they are any different from us. Yes, they make decisions...some of them good and others bad...yes they smoke or drink...yes some are abusive and others just great people to be with...and the list goes on. Because of that, I prefer to stick to the skating part.***

Last edited:

windspirit

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
windspirit: Using profanity is not necessary here; neither is questioning others opinions about something they feel strongly about. It's just an opinion.
I didn't question anyone's opinions, only how some people expressed them. But for some reason some of you can't or don't want to see the difference. Well, maybe I should've just said that I think it's disgusting when people are being so closed-minded and judgmental. "Just an opinion," of course.

I just think it ruins the image of figure skating and the "Ladies" discipline in particular. Since when do skaters have to portray themselves as "sexy?"
If those women have to be sexy somewhere, it's on the ice. Jamie didn't show in those photos much more than she does on the ice. Shouldn't that bother us more than what a grown-up woman chooses to do in her free time? At least off the ice they have a choice.

As for the judging - "Judge not Ye be judged."
Ain't that the truth.

Grgranny said:
So, low necklines, etc. still bother me but I don't hold it against you. Also, there are many that make fun of Christians. Or tell us we are wrong. It may make us boil under the skin but it is a free country. I still won't hold it against you either. Now, can we calm down. We all have opinions. I don't suppose there could be an opinion if no one judged. So, I will still like you anyway.
I'm sorry, but I don't follow. Low necklines bother you/some people make fun of Christians, but you won't hold it against me? Why would you? What does it have to do with me? Btw, if you think my post was about my wishing you all had the same opinion as I do, you missed my point completely. As for your "still liking me anyway", my ability to spell must be my redeeming quality. :laugh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Paula, if you are going to post a link on a public forum, you should be prepared for positive AND negative comments. Your criticism of the negative comments as being judgemental is way out of line. I have absolutely no problem with your posting the link--you are well within your rights to do so, as is any other poster. However, those of us who find the photo distasteful have just as much right to express ourselves as those who find it attractive. There was a LONG thread not too long ago on the Sasha photos, and several posters made very eloquent arguments against the photos. For me and others, it goes WAY beyond the photos themselves. It's what they represent and what they say to youngsters who have access to them. Personally, I did not find the Sasha photos nearly as bad. At least she had clothes on!

Sorry, but no matter what others say, I defend my right to find that photo distasteful and Jaime Sale pathetic for agreeing to pose like that. To me, she's just another skater willing to do whatever it takes to keep her image in the public eye.

Wind et al, if you like the photo, great! That's your opinion, and I respect that. Just don't get all high and mighty when someone disagrees.

FYI, a couple of those photos are just fine.

BTW, yes, I found Kat and Michelle just as reprehensible.

Last edited:

windspirit

On the Ice
RealtorGal said:
Wind et al, if you like the photo, great! That's your opinion, and I respect that. Just don't get all high and mighty when someone disagrees.
But the funny thing is that I don't like the photos. I also don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me (hell, I even prefer that, to quote Yags: "I believe that the truth is born in a debate."). But I'm done repeating myself; I could write the same thing a thousand times and some people will still see what they want to see. Next time I'll just write that someone's a closed-minded, judgmental prude, and their view of the world is pathetic and disgusting.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Thanx Cassie! Glad you guys are all okay. ;)

And thanx to you guys for trying to keep this thread relatively sane for the most part. :D Its fine to discuss the photos or what not here but let's remember that we are all people and we all have our own opinions. And no matter whether you agree or disagree with this issue, let's just try to respect each other and those opinions, okay? *HUGS* all around! :D

sk8m8

Final Flight
perhaps the answer to all this hubbub is a simple disclaimer... for instance, if the title of the post had been, "Jamie's revealing poses in a new men's adult magazine" Then the reader is forewarned what the material is going to be about before they even hit the link.

Even though Kids DO get their hands on materials that they aren't supposed to, it is up to parents to let them know that these are for adults and they will be free to choose whether to look at them when they are old enough to buy them for themselves.

Sometimes these things are a matter of context. For instance, Katarina Witt posed for Playboy. While I may not neccessarily agree with her decision, it is hers and hers alone to make and live with. I do appreciate that the general public KNOWS that this is an Adult Magazine meant for Adults. As for the pics themselves, they are a great deal like the TV...if you see something that offends you, best to turn the channell or turn the TV off rather than to sit, stare, and then become enraged.

It reminds me of my late uncle who tune in faithfully to Charlie's Angels in the 70's SPECIFICALLY so he could gripe and complain about the skimpy, amoral outfits these women wore. I always though it was funny. Nothing like pouring salt into your own wound, eh? :sheesh:

Kasey

Medalist
Hmmm, I could see both sides of the debate, on whether female skaters should pose like this. It does take some of the "Genteel-ness" (what IS the right word there??) out of ladies figure skating....and yet another thing, about girls again being shown that they should be sexy, beautiful, that being successful is not enough?? On the other hand, it's her body, and her life...and if I had a bod like that, I'd be tempted! :)

Kasey

Pookie

Final Flight
However, those of us who find the photo distasteful have just as much right to express ourselves as those who find it attractive.

That should be true, but unfortunately, it appears that if a person is of a more conservative frame of mind, their opinion is not worth much. They are just being judgmental. However, someone more liberal can say whatever they want and that is perfectly acceptable. That's not just this forum. That the sorry state of the world. :\

dmr65

On the Ice
To me, it seems some people who disagree and stating why they disagree,are being lectured by those who agree. Not just here, but in a few other places..

Most of the people who are not in agreement with what she did, they are being honest but not being too terribly self righteous nor in the true sense bashing her decision.. So I am confused why some people who disagree are being lectured.. :confused: :\ I could be wrong, but that is how I am reading into the comments here and there...... :)

I'll stand corrected, if not... :eek:

Denise...

bleuchick

On the Ice
dmr65 said:
To me, it seems some people who disagree and stating why they disagree,are being lectured by those who agree. Not just here, but in a few other places..

Most of the people who are not in agreement with what she did, they are being honest but not being too terribly self righteous nor in the true sense bashing her decision..

It depends on HOW the post is worded. I too have read posts all over the internet and found many different arguments from both side. I think it all comes down to how one writes...something to remember next time.

dmr65 said:
I am confused why some people who disagree are being lectured.. :confused: :\ I could be wrong, but that is how I am reading into the comments here and there...... :)

I'll stand corrected, if not... :eek:

Denise... [/B]

Boy, I go away for one day and look at all the fun I missed.

First, I am a gigantic Sale and Pelletier fan. The Lori Nichol programs that they presented from 1999-2002 were among the finest pairs choreography I have every seen.

BUT (one T)...That picture of Jamie is just terrible (the one with her squatting with her back to the camera.) Is it cheesecake or beef on the hoof? Is anyone here old enough to remember when butcher shops used to have a picture of a steer carcase with the different cuts of meat outlined with magic marker so you knew what cut to order? Where's my magic marker?

99.99 per cent of all people look better with clothes on. That's why we wear clothes. It's true that athletes and entertainers have a little streak of exhibitionism in them -- they wouldn't be in the game otherwise. But for goodness sake, Jamie, put some clothes on!

You want sexy? Kristi Yamaguchi fully clothed has more sex appeal in one little finger than Katarina Witt has in both of hers. There has never been a breath of anything inappropriate about Kristi her whole performing career. Bret is a lucky man, and we are lucky people to have known her and seen her perform, and how she carries herself as a role model, and I don't know how I got onto the subject of Kristi, but anyway, that's what I think!:)

Mathman

Last edited:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
RealtorGal: Paula, if you are going to post a link on a public forum, you should be prepared for positive AND negative comments.

I am and was prepared, my dear. What I wasn't prepared for was the language you used which I had to edit from your initial post. While opinions (both positive and negative) are expected and even welcomed, I still expect members to follow the guidelines.
RealtorGal: Your criticism of the negative comments as being judgemental is way out of line.
Uhm, don't really see any criticism or negative comments in my post - just my opinion, but as you can see (or read), I'm not bashing anyone and/or using poor taste in language.
RealtorGal: Sorry, but no matter what others say, I defend my right to find that photo distasteful and Jaime Sale pathetic for agreeing to pose like that.
No need to defend yourself - just watch the language of your posts. To say you "find something distasteful" is acceptable. To say, "dressed like a slut" and "sleazy" is NOT.
Should you not understand, feel free to PM and me and I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
JUST when I thought Jamie was a great role model... though I guess I shouldn't be surprised with some of the other photos she's taken over the last couple of years... she just does NOT need to do what she's doing IMO... she's way too good for this sort of thing.

She's still one of my favorite skaters... but I'm a little disappointed in her choice of clothing(or lack there of)

edited to add: after reading Mathman's opinions all I can say is ITA MATH!!!!!

Last edited:

Lee

Rinkside
Maybe because they're very proud of their bodies and don't feel the human body is anything of which to be ashamed????