Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Skaters Care Tsunami Benefit, April 3rd, Ontario, California

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gsrossano View Post
    The skater's who are appearing in the show are all saints. To appear, Adam is flying back to a previously scheduled commitment on a red-eye right after the show.
    Yes, both Adam Rippon and Jeremy Abbott are scheduled for the Figure Skating in Harlem benefit in New York City on Monday, April 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Sylvia, I never heard back from the organizers about how to donate tickets. So is this the best way to support the event from a distance? (A tax deduction would be nice.) Sounds good to me but if they're working on another way, that's fine too.
    If I can find out a definitive answer for you, I will post.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-24-2011 at 05:52 PM.

Custom Title
    Spun Silver: I've been informed that the best way to help out this show if you're unable to attend in person is to act on this option listed on the FAQ page:

May I make a direct contribution through Skaters Care to the American Red Cross?

Push the "Donate" button at: http://www.skaterscare.com/faq

The organizers are grateful to anyone and everyone who either buys tickets or donates to the cause.

Here's the updated cast list: http://www.skaterscare.com/skaters

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Thanks, Sylvia!

PS: What are Bebe Liang and Braden Overett doing together?? Yum, yum. Wish I could go!

Rinkside
    Citizens Business Bank Arena and Ticketmaster have generously reduced the "convenience fee" for tickets ordered at www.ticketmaster.com to $3.50 per ticket. Granted this is additional to the face value of the ticket, but when compared to what gas is costing these days and the fact that you can choose your seat on-line and know exactly where you are going to sit, it's a pretty good deal. If you are buying a large group, however, you may want to call the CBBA box office and make arrangements for will-call.

Also, the "Club sections" 103, 104 and 105, will be available for sale, sometime on Monday. The Club holders have "first right of refusal" which expired on Saturday night. They actually should have been available now, however, there was a technical difficulty with Ticketmaster, which won't be resolved until Monday. We apologize for any inconvenience

Rinkside
    For those who are going to the Benefit and purchased the VIP packaged, I recieved a call earlier today from Ticketmaster stating that the VIP package was cancelled. did anyone else recieve the same call?

I hope someone will report on the show for us!

There is a report at Aunt Joyce today.

Thanks. Attendance is always a problem, esp. with something organized so fast. But they raised some money for relief and sent a lovely message of encouragement to Japan, so good job.

Custom Title
    We never had time to do a program with full credits.

You already know Sean and Don Rabbitt's contributions -- and also Rena and John our hosts, and the cast on the web site.

Then for worker bees we had:

Audrey von Zabern - club president and production assistant
    Dr. George (me) - line producer and production manager
    Evangeline Whitlock - director
    Emily Hayes - stage manager
    Karen Kwan Oppegard - Opening and closing choreographer
    (And grandma Estelle for taking care of Karen's girls for the weekend so Karen could be with us while Peter is in Korea!)
    Mike McGuire - announcer
    Tom Clark - music tech
    Hugo Chouinard - provided the music editing for the opening and closing at no charge

back stage volunteers, alphabetically

Bob Booth - became an emergency spotlight operator when one of the arena staff called in sick
    Rebecca Dornbush - registration
    Chris Dumond - stage hand
    Vart Echeverria - registration
    Wayne Hundley - ice monitor
    Debbie and Art Johnson - stage hands
    Charlie Miltmore - our ice tech
    Chad Phillips - assistant LOC photographer
    Genevra Santos - registration
    Sharon Pacis - stage hand
    Greg Plahy - assistant ice tech and stage hand
    Milford Skane - stage hand

Kathi Pargee and John Saitta who coach our club synchro teams, the Ice'Kateers

Danelle Cole - LA Theatre on Ice director, and Tina Delariva TOI manager who arranged for TOI to do elaborate costumes and makeup in Burbank, then rush to Ontario to rehearse and perform, then rush back to Burbank to perform at their home club (a 50 mile trip each way).

Annette Pumphrey from the Demorra speedskating club who volunteered her club and guests, thought up the idea of the exhibition (something that has never been done before I am told), and put it all together.
    Zack Fuller, the speed skating exhibition host.

Hurd Video donated the video production. John Hurd did the in-house video production for the jumbotron and donated his staff for a two camera shoot of the show.

Hope I got everyone!
    Last edited by gsrossano; 04-05-2011 at 10:33 AM.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    I was moved just to hear of this.
    I want to say Thank You to this show, and everyone who made it possible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3