Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Skaters Care Tsunami Benefit, April 3rd, Ontario, California

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    There is an Ontario in California? I thought you meant the show is being held in the Province of Ontario Canada and in California....

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    There is an Ontario in California? I thought you meant the show is being held in the Province of Ontario Canada and in California....
    shockingly enough :rolleyes:

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    They should arrange to accept donations from those not able to attend but want to support the cause.
    Agreed! That way it will be tax deductible (not the biggest deal for some, but strong motivation for others) AND Ticketmaster won't get to add a "convenience fee".

Custom Title
    People can now make a direct contribution through Skaters Care to the American Red Cross if they so wish -- see: http://www.skaterscare.com/faq

Custom Title
    Now that Worlds Team skaters know more about when Worlds would be, maybe some of them big names would sign up too.

Custom Title
    Jana Khokhlova and Fedor Andreev (RUS) were added today to the Skaters page: http://www.skaterscare.com/skaters

Excerpt from PJ Kwong's CBC blog today: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/pjkwo...t-routine.html
    Back in Michigan, [Marina] Zoueva recounted a feeling she likened to depression in the rink after the news of the earthquake broke.

"Skating is like a family. I know many of the skaters and their families for very long time and I worry about what's happening to them."

Her son Fedor Andreev and dance partner Jana Khokhlova are committed to a fundraising show for Japanese relief on April 3 in Ontario, Calif., called Skaters Care. Zoueva says she's committed to helping the cause in whatever way she can.

"If it wouldn't conflict with possible new worlds date, I will send my other skaters as well. I absolutely want to help as much as possible."
    BTW, Mirai Nagasu isn't listed on the site's Skaters page as of today, so I would consider her "unofficial" at the moment.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Her other skaters??????

D&W? V&M, C&Z, Shibs!!! WOWEE.

It's so close to me! I would drive up there if I didn't have a pre-planned trip. Wah!

Caroline Zhang is listed. Curious how she looks now after a few more month with her new coaching situation.

Custom Title
    Dorisp, there's also S/B (Samuelson/Bates). Davis/White currently are scheduled for a Stars on Ice guest spot in Cleveland the same day (April 3).

Too bad, feraina. :(
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-23-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Custom Title
    Jeremy Abbott was just added today: http://www.skaterscare.com/skaters

Tickets are now on sale!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Jeremy Abbott was just added today: http://www.skaterscare.com/skaters

Tickets are now on sale!
    And Adam Rippon. It's great that top skaters are joining the show

ETA: Daisuke Murakami was just added as well
    Last edited by sigrid; 03-23-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Dorisp, there's also S/B (Samuelson/Bates). Davis/White currently are scheduled for a Stars on Ice guest spot in Cleveland the same day (April 3).

Too bad, feraina. :(
    Sylvia, Are Samuelson/Bates back on the ice yet? Evan was still not on skates at the time of Nationals? (Which is why I did not expect them at the Skaters Care show)

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    People can now make a direct contribution through Skaters Care to the American Red Cross if they so wish -- see: http://www.skaterscare.com/faq
    Sylvia, I never heard back from the organizers about how to donate tickets. So is this the best way to support the event from a distance? (A tax deduction would be nice.) Sounds good to me but if they're working on another way, that's fine too. It sounds like a great event. I still hope Japanese TV will pick it up and share it with the rest of us.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Her other skaters??????

D&W? V&M, C&Z, Shibs!!! WOWEE.
    But as Marina said -- if it is not close to the new worlds date. Typically we need 4 weeks between the show and when skaters leave for Worlds to get them released to appear.

The skater's who are appearing in the show are all saints. To appear, Adam is flying back to a previously scheduled commitment on a red-eye right after the show.

New addition since I first posted this -- special dispensation came through for Richard Dornbush! Yeah Tammy and Ricky!

Also now LA Theater on Ice.
    Last edited by gsrossano; 03-24-2011 at 06:10 PM.

^ Whose permission do skaters need in order to participate?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast