Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Japanese fans wish Worlds not to be postponed till October nor held in Japan

Custom Title
    Pochi@Shinku, that was an admirable thing to do, writing the JSF official. I'm sure it meant a great deal to her, to receive both an apology and a statement of support. As you say, Japanese skating officials are hurting right now for more than one reason. The skating event of the season, which they worked toward for years, has evaporated just days before it was to take place. And the country they love has been deeply wounded. The moment you took to acknowledge their contributions to skating will resonate for them, I have no doubt.

nefertiti..reincarnate
    Well Shinku, as a BIG Miki fan I was counting in joy and excitement the days left till the Tokyo Worlds before the disaster came. Tokyo Worlds meant something special to a Miki fan such as I, and I'm sure it meant a lot to Miki too.

I worry now for not only Miki but all the participants, because it must be VERY hard to regroup their motivation (appetite) toward what became sort of a long delayed main dish in a full course dinner.

But now the most important thing is to move forward, and to look at the sunny side of things; I know and I will.

Let me say that one thing is very sure; the Japanese fans would LOVE to have the Worlds in Japan again some day!! I really hope it won't be too far in the future!!
    Last edited by sorcerer; 03-22-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Since it looks like France is giving up Worlds 2012 in favor of Japan, it looks like your wish might be granted!

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    ^^That is very kind of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Pochi@Shinku, that was an admirable thing to do, writing the JSF official. I'm sure it meant a great deal to her, to receive both an apology and a statement of support. As you say, Japanese skating officials are hurting right now for more than one reason. The skating event of the season, which they worked toward for years, has evaporated just days before it was to take place. And the country they love has been deeply wounded. The moment you took to acknowledge their contributions to skating will resonate for them, I have no doubt.
    Arigatou, Pochi@Shinku, for all of your efforts in contacting the JSF official, and your other posts. Welcome to this board!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Since it looks like France is giving up Worlds 2012 in favor of Japan, it looks like your wish might be granted!
    I'm grateful for their being so caring for us, but fans in Japan have mixed feelings about this. Some are just simply thankful and hoping we'd be able to have Worlds in Tokyo (I've read they wanted to give the competition to Tokyo in particular), some are also thankuful but do not think this is necessary in the sense that they don't want to take away the competition from the people in France who had been looking forward to it being held in their country. I guess I belong to the latter group. Esp with the nuclear station thing still unsolved, and nobody seems to be able to predict when it would be solved, I'm not sure if Tokyo will be in good shape enough to hold Worlds even by next year. Although it's still only harmless amounts, there is more radiation in Tokyo than there should be now, I hope it goes down soon, but the opposite can happen. This kind of situation might go on for a very long time; not totally harmless, but still not totally clear. And I for one wouldn't want foreign athletes coming here until the city's radiation rate is totally back to normal. We are supposed to be holding WTT next season in Japan, so that's enough for us. Besides, I like the competitions in France, cause all the ads by the rinkside are in blue!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2