Thread: With the likely change of Venue, will this change your opinion of the Results?

Hybrid View

With the likely change of Venue, will this change your opinion of the Results?

Men - Its a downer for the Japanese boys but maybe one of them will find a renewed spirit to fight through the uncontrollable and give it his all... And win?

Chan brings his own energy, so it will not affect him. Similarly with Amodio who may be happier to be closer to home. Joubert is Joubert wherever he goes. Will not affect him. The European Men will take it in their stride. The newbie American Boys are just puzzled about all this as they are about being part of the Team, and Bradley may just step up his game if those more podium favored lose their footing.

It's still not difficult to name the Top Ten, but maybe the risky predictions need another look at.

The Ladies including the Japanese Ladies are not strangers to Europe and this should not affect them. All the others will not be affected also. As are the Ice Dancers, and Pairs.

It still will be a great competition, or do you think it lost some steam?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The question would be, how many people will be in the crowd? Some skaters and teams just really turn it on for a full auditorium. Some prefer an empty rink.

The other big question is, who gets the home field advantage/curse?

I'm so hoping for Colorado Springs!

Custom Title
    Presumably it's in Russia. Would've loved to see SC join with the US Federation to boost the US bid, but that didn't seem likely.

Will it change my mind about the results? Have to wait and see. If Bobrova/Soloviev all of a sudden end up ahead of P/B or D/W, then yeah, eyebrows will be raised. But if K/S and V/T both end up on the podium? It's plausible the way they/the rest of the field are skating, home ice advantage or not.

Who'll be negatively/positively affected? It almost seems mean to speculate, doesn't it? I'll say that the North Americans who went to 4CC and now Worlds have gotten more down time between competitions and the travel. Additionally, anyone injured (the Kerrs, V/M) have gotten more recovery time.
    Last edited by ImaginaryPogue; 03-22-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Banned
    In Russia Chan won't win with three falls.

Custom Title
    Do you believe Chan would've won with three falls in Tokyo?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Do you believe Chan would've won with three falls in Tokyo?
    You know that I know that you know that we are not talking about Tokyo. Thanks for the lame trolling but Tokyo is out. We are talking about Russia, US and others who officially wish to host the Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The question would be, how many people will be in the crowd? Some skaters and teams just really turn it on for a full auditorium. Some prefer an empty rink.

The other big question is, who gets the home field advantage/curse?

I'm so hoping for Colorado Springs!
    There is a hard core of American fans who follow LIVE FS championships, and they will go to Russia after filling out an autobiography to obtain a visa. Of course Colorado Springs would be easier but many have been there.

It really doesn't matter for the TV viewers. A camel spin in Europe looks the same as a camel spin in N.America. However, competitors may have a preference but we wont know that.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Joe, I love live figure skating championships, but there is absolutely no way I can afford to go to one in Russia. If I can't drive there, I probably can't go. I'd love to, though. So of course, I would prefer one where I might be able to make it-US or Canada. And since skating is more popular in Canada than the US, chances of getting a decent seat are better in the US

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Olympia..You're definitely not alone. I completely echo your sentiments.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Olympia..You're definitely not alone. I completely echo your sentiments.
    I share them also, Olympia, and I love your post.