American Idol | Page 2 | Golden Skate

American Idol

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lad, I haven't seen the cookie cutter singers with this bunch. I thought for the first time that these singers were very unique, maybe it's just me. I'm just happy Casey is gone, I think he reminded me too much of Michael Buble and I can't watch him either.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I think Adam has a more versatile sounding voice but I still love to hear and watch James perform..........42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder if Jacob will get the boot?? I didn't think that James was very good last night. I just hope it's not Scotty. I think Haley is safe.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I am happy with the top four, it's a toss up for me at this point.....42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anyone surprised with the outcome???

merrywidow

Record Breaker
A little surprised. Like you, I was hoping Lauren would go home. I don't think she is emotionally ready for dealing with the rejection that can come in the entertainment industry. I like Haley & Scotty in the final tho & won't mind if either wins. James for me is a "poor man's" imitation of Adam Lambert. Not quite as good a vocalist, not quite as good an entertainer, not quite as attractive,etc. I wish him well, tho & others have been successful even tho eliminated early...Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've said this once and I'll say it again, I don't get LAUREN. The judges love her though. For some reason I think it's Scotty tonight and it will be between Haley & Lauren and Lauren will win it all, not quite sure why but right at the beginning of Idol, Las Vegas odds were on Lauren winning....why?????

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Well Scotty is still "in it to win it" but ITA with you Dee about the judges adoring Lauren. She'll go to pieces if she doesn't win. I'm pulling for Scotty now.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm pulling for Scotty too. I just don't think Lauren is that good, she is good but not that good. I thought Haley had what it took to become a star.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What about the outcome??? Your thoughts.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I was happy to see Scotty win but wonder if they told Lauren ahead of time as I expected her to be destroyed at not winning? On the other hand, I do think it will be one of the better AI tours because of the diversity & overall talent of the singers this year.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was happy to see Scotty win but wonder if they told Lauren ahead of time as I expected her to be destroyed at not winning?
That's a great point Merrywidow. There was something about her little girl act that just ticked me off. I was elated that Scotty won out of the 2, I really was hoping that Haley would be one of the 2 though. She was kind of a snot but boy could that girl sing.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I enjoyed the finale, especially the group numbers, Carrie Underwood, Lady Gaga, and Steven Tyler. I personally don't think that they've had a really remarkable winner since Carrie. Some of the previous contestants have gotten really good, but the top two for me are just so-so.........sorry.......42