Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Worlds Championship on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Both Icenetwork and Universal Sports will have live coverage on the web -- for more info, see the official press release, published today: http://www.usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=46008&type=media
    It's also on IN website. Both IN and Unisport are charging.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    As to what US Sports will cover:

Universal Sports will broadcast every event with more than 14 hours of television coverage. Primetime coverage begins April 27 at 6 p.m. ET with the men's and pairs short programs. The broadcast team includes Andrea Joyce (play by play), 1984 Olympic silver medalist Peter Carruthers (men's and pairs analyst), 1998 Olympic champion Tara Lipinski (ladies analyst) and Judy Blumberg (ice dancing analyst).
    I thought Judy did a nice job with 4CC's, so I'm glad she'll be doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by colleen o'neill View Post
    Me too. I'm starting to get nervous. It'll be during hockey playoffs, now, so goodness knows how they'll sandwich it in. I'm hoping for bold to still have extensive coverage.
    I guess there's no limit to what they can show on cbcsports.ca. If the main network doesn't have much I don't mind watching online (I don't get bold).

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I guess there's no limit to what they can show on cbcsports.ca. If the main network doesn't have much I don't mind watching online (I don't get bold).
    Tweet to me from PJ Kwong yesterday when I asked her about Worlds coverage:

"@skatingpj...they will be shown on CBC - sked should be out soon - and will also be on CBC's BOLD in its entirety...pj "

So it sounds like 100% coverage as normal on bold and then some on CBC!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    blue_idealist , I think whatever is shown on bold is usually available on cbcsports.ca , as well...hope I'm right for your sake.

What would 'Artistry' Fans do if the SPs are not shown on TV? They would have deliriom tremons(sp) until the LP is shown. The greatest of Art since the classic periods. Just kidding

btw. How much in a given competition will great artistry emerge? Will 10 skaters show it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    What would 'Artistry' Fans do if the SPs are not shown on TV? They would have deliriom tremons(sp) until the LP is shown. The greatest of Art since the classic periods. Just kidding

btw. How much in a given competition will great artistry emerge? Will 10 skaters show it?
    Define artistry

If you are talking about sequins, short dresses and tight pants along with endless renditions of "Carmen," "Phantom of the Opera" and "Requiem for a Dream," then YES, CoP skating is chock full of artistry.

Last edited by Mathman; 04-14-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I love that little Kanako!

Then again like most poor, culturally deprived Americans this is where I first learned about art,
    and no, we didn't slum it with Bugs Bunny in my family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTWHgVK2_Q8

Custom Title
    Now that Mathman has shown us an example of cutesy wootsy artistry, how about those of the hoity toity and the studsy wudsy varieties?

The CBC schedule is up now. cbc.ca/sports/figureskating and then go to broadcast schedule. i forgot to get the exact link and I'm too lazy to go back and get it.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Thanks! I hadn't checked yet today..

Custom Title
    Can anyone tell me if the IN coverage of Worlds is restricted to the US? I'm in New Zealand...

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the IN coverage of Worlds is restricted to the US? I'm in New Zealand...
    I believe it is.

Tripping on the Podium
    Trewyn, I'm in the U.S. Virgin Islands and can't access Universal Sports because it seems to think I'm a foreign country. Not true, but that's another story. Anyway, I have an Icenetwork subscription and I was able to sign up for the $4.95 worlds programming. In the states/province list, it says non U.S./Canada at the very bottom. Click that and then click your country, New Zealand.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast