Worlds Championship on TV | Golden Skate

Worlds Championship on TV

For americans, we know Universal Sport will show it. Icenetwork, will not. and many Feeds from other countries are difficult to get. SO.....

1. Will Universal Sport be LiVE from Russia? - I think it's a nine hour difference.

2. If taped, how much of it will we get?

They did show some of the SP for 4CC. Will we get the SPs?

Will it be just the last group of six? I hope it is the last two groups to skate, or is that just wishful thinking?

What if Brezina is 7th after the SP and they only show 6?

There are at least 15 Top Men and at least 7 Top Ladies, we may not see all of them.

Does anyone have the plans of Unisport for handling this?
-

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Universal Sports' Worlds TV schedule and live online streaming (for $9.95 - I assume this will include every skater but possibly not the qualifying rounds?) information is not available yet.

I recommend bookmarking this site - all available information (TV & Internet) will be consolidated here eventually: http://sites.google.com/site/figureskatingnotes/

Last edited:

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Is Universal Sports $9.95 live streaming available if you don't live in the continental United States. I'm in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Thanks.

Universal Sports' Worlds TV schedule and live online streaming (for $9.95 - I assume this will include every skater but possibly not the qualifying rounds?) information is not available yet.

I recommend bookmarking this site - all available information (TV & Internet) will be consolidated here eventually: http://sites.google.com/site/figureskatingnotes/

Thank you Sylvia. I was hoping you would come up with a consideration. I will check out the site every week if not every day.

Just speaking for myself, I do not see any need for classifying competitive figure skating. It is what it is. It is not exactly like a baseball game, it is not exactly like a stage performance of Hello Dolly, it is not exactly like a kite-flying contest.

Figure skating is different from kite-flying in that, although you can enter your kite in the “aerial ballet” category, you can also go for the “power kite” competition, where you try to cut the other guy’s string with yours in the air. :rock: Talk about a “real sport!”

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
For Canadians:

CBC will be covering the worlds as usual and one can also check it out on line at CBC.ca

:thumbsup:

Just speaking for myself, I do not see any need for classifying competitive figure skating. It is what it is. It is not exactly like a baseball game, it is not exactly like a stage performance of Hello Dolly, it is not exactly like a kite-flying contest.

Figure skating is different from kite-flying in that, although you can enter your kite in the “aerial ballet” category, you can also go for the “power kite” competition, where you try to cut the other guy’s string with yours in the air. :rock: Talk about a “real sport!”
MM - I believe your comments are on the wrong thread. :laugh:

and btw, what I am trying to ascertain is what will the program of Universal Sport be? We know that there will be an SP and an LP and FD, but will we see it in its entirety? I do believe if it is taped, we will get an abridged version of the competition. :disapp:

Sylvia

Record Breaker
and btw, what I am trying to ascertain is what will the program of Universal Sport be? We know that there will be an SP and an LP and FD, but will we see it in its entirety?
TV, no; Internet streaming, hopefully yes.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Phil Hersh's Globetrotting blog posted yesterday (tried to post a link here but apparently it's not allowed) has details for the (same day delayed) Universal Sports TV and live Internet coverage (Universal Sports for $9.95 and Icenetwork $4.95 for current subscribers) of Worlds in Moscow.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
IceNetwork has the live coverage, from what I can tell UniSports online and on TV will be tape delayed.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
Me too. I'm starting to get nervous. It'll be during hockey playoffs, now, so goodness knows how they'll sandwich it in. I'm hoping for bold to still have extensive coverage.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
As to what US Sports will cover:

Universal Sports will broadcast every event with more than 14 hours of television coverage. Primetime coverage begins April 27 at 6 p.m. ET with the men's and pairs short programs. The broadcast team includes Andrea Joyce (play by play), 1984 Olympic silver medalist Peter Carruthers (men's and pairs analyst), 1998 Olympic champion Tara Lipinski (ladies analyst) and Judy Blumberg (ice dancing analyst).

I thought Judy did a nice job with 4CC's, so I'm glad she'll be doing it!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Me too. I'm starting to get nervous. It'll be during hockey playoffs, now, so goodness knows how they'll sandwich it in. I'm hoping for bold to still have extensive coverage.

I guess there's no limit to what they can show on cbcsports.ca. If the main network doesn't have much I don't mind watching online (I don't get bold).

thumbyskates

Rinkside
I guess there's no limit to what they can show on cbcsports.ca. If the main network doesn't have much I don't mind watching online (I don't get bold).

Tweet to me from PJ Kwong yesterday when I asked her about Worlds coverage:

"@skatingpj...they will be shown on CBC - sked should be out soon - and will also be on CBC's BOLD in its entirety...pj :)"

So it sounds like 100% coverage as normal on bold and then some on CBC!

colleen o'neill

Medalist
blue_idealist , I think whatever is shown on bold is usually available on cbcsports.ca , as well...hope I'm right for your sake.:)