Worlds Championship on TV | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Worlds Championship on TV

figuristka

Medalist
I think that might be teh reason they do put it on the extra station. That's 2.95 they wouldn't otherwise get.

Yeah i don't like adding an extra channel. They should have scheduled more on their main network. I wrote to say though should. Iam adding the channel just for Worlds anyway as i prefer watching it on TV when i can. Unfortunately they have hockey playoffs which seems to be the most important for the main network.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Here's the thing. If you all support Universal Sports, IceNetwork and the Canadian channel that cost extra, maybe they'll be there again. At least on IceNetwork, you get to see all the skaters. Not just the last group or if we're lucky a few skaters from the next to last group. We can all sit here and say they should do this or they shouldn't charge, but figure skating these days just isn't a hot button item so if we have to pay a little to get it, do it so perhaps they'll all do it again next year.

^ Da Vinci? Maybe not.

But doesn't it make you smile a little, even so? Like when the paper mache dragon comes out in a Wagner opera?
:laugh: No smiles; hate kids. And worse I may miss Ladies SP because I will be seeing Wagners Die Walkyrie on the same day which will last four to five hours on end

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yeah i don't like adding an extra channel. They should have scheduled more on their main network. I wrote to say though should. Iam adding the channel just for Worlds anyway as i prefer watching it on TV when i can. Unfortunately they have hockey playoffs which seems to be the most important for the main network.

probably makes more $$ for the station than skating. Bigger market = bigger ratings = more money. hate to break it to all of the skating fans, but the world doesn't revolve around us and the networks aren't just being mean to us. They have to make money. Right now skating's taking a backseat in North America, we just have to deal with it. Emailing the networks is great, but we're such a small demographic that it's a waste of time.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
^^^^
..........and commercially funded, so it's not ad free like PBS. OTOH, it doesn't run those marathon pledges either.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thank God for the CBC. Great sports coverage on the weekends on TV, many live coverage feeds on events on the website, plus the CBC airs a top notch evening newscast.

Not to mention top quality shows like the long running Nature Of Things. David Suzuki :rock: deserves a Nobel Peace Prize for his dedicated life long environmentalism, long before it became a hot topic. :thumbsup:

Gaak! Has it started? What's going on? I know I'll barely get YouTube access; hope our greedy networks don't make a YouTube blackout the way NBC did with the Olympics.

beep_beep

Medalist
It's available here in Brazil (we *never* get anything) and I'll probably fork those $10.
The on demand streaming will be particularly useful (all assuming it'll work as intended...)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I am not into synchro skating but am curious why there has been no mention when it has started yesterday. Anybody watching? Available?

Lilli

Rinkside
I am not into synchro skating but am curious why there has been no mention when it has started yesterday. Anybody watching? Available?

I believe they were held early in April. Finland won gold and silver and the U.S won bronze.