Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Worlds Championship on TV

Tripping on the Podium
    Trewyn, I just looked at the not already a subscriber form to sign up for Icenetwork and it's the same so you can do it for $9.95 if you're not already a subscriber.

Can anyone tell me clearly if there is an additional fee to be paid to icenetwork if one is already a subscriber?

^^According to IN site an additional $4.95 if you are a subscriber. I have been a subscriber to IN since its inception but went with US for live streaming of Worlds. I have had a lot of problems this season with IN with choppy and freeze frame video both live and on demand and I don't want to take any chances. I have used US in the past with no problems. I won't be subscribing to IN next season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    The CBC schedule is up now. cbc.ca/sports/figureskating and then go to broadcast schedule. i forgot to get the exact link and I'm too lazy to go back and get it.

CBC didn't let us down, more so, they came out with a bang, including the Syncro Worlds in the schedule:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...-schedule.html

What is going on???

Tripping on the Podium
    Alas, Universal Sports doesn't seem to be available to those of us who are not in the United States mainland.

Though CBC has been very good at providing coverage online which iam very happy with i cannot help being disappointed with the coverage for TV scheduled. It seems to be showing skating for only an hour at the time and i cannot see coverage for the ladies free? I wrote an email asking for more coverage for the main network.

Actually the Worlds is shown alot on cbc bold, its only an extra 2.95 per month so we added it for the World Championships because the main Network was not very good. It can be taken away after.

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Actually the Worlds is shown alot on cbc bold, its only an extra 2.95 per month so we added it for the World Championships because the main Network was not very good. It can be taken away after.
    I think that might be teh reason they do put it on the extra station. That's 2.95 they wouldn't otherwise get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    She is sooo like Tara Lipinsky, and the giggles are the same. Great Art - better than daVinci.

^ Da Vinci? Maybe not.

But doesn't it make you smile a little, even so? Like when the paper mache dragon comes out in a Wagner opera?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I think that might be teh reason they do put it on the extra station. That's 2.95 they wouldn't otherwise get.
    Yeah i don't like adding an extra channel. They should have scheduled more on their main network. I wrote to say though should. Iam adding the channel just for Worlds anyway as i prefer watching it on TV when i can. Unfortunately they have hockey playoffs which seems to be the most important for the main network.

Tripping on the Podium
    Here's the thing. If you all support Universal Sports, IceNetwork and the Canadian channel that cost extra, maybe they'll be there again. At least on IceNetwork, you get to see all the skaters. Not just the last group or if we're lucky a few skaters from the next to last group. We can all sit here and say they should do this or they shouldn't charge, but figure skating these days just isn't a hot button item so if we have to pay a little to get it, do it so perhaps they'll all do it again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    ^ Da Vinci? Maybe not.

But doesn't it make you smile a little, even so? Like when the paper mache dragon comes out in a Wagner opera?
    No smiles; hate kids. And worse I may miss Ladies SP because I will be seeing Wagners Die Walkyrie on the same day which will last four to five hours on end

Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Yeah i don't like adding an extra channel. They should have scheduled more on their main network. I wrote to say though should. Iam adding the channel just for Worlds anyway as i prefer watching it on TV when i can. Unfortunately they have hockey playoffs which seems to be the most important for the main network.
    probably makes more $$ for the station than skating. Bigger market = bigger ratings = more money. hate to break it to all of the skating fans, but the world doesn't revolve around us and the networks aren't just being mean to us. They have to make money. Right now skating's taking a backseat in North America, we just have to deal with it. Emailing the networks is great, but we're such a small demographic that it's a waste of time.

Custom Title
    CBC has put the entire 3 hour WC Special aired on March 26 on line.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Ful.../ID=1858920081

Kurt's visit to CS and Patrick's training starts at 2:24:30, which has not been put up online before.
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 04-17-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast