Hungarian ice-dancer Nora Hoffmann was hospitalized in Moscow | Golden Skate

Hungarian ice-dancer Nora Hoffmann was hospitalized in Moscow

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
She was delivered with sharp stomach pains to the famous Botkin hospital, where she was put into the infectious diseases department. There are two potential diagnosis - food poisoning or pancreatitis.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Now they're suspecting a kidney condition nephropyelitis. She has undergone a laparoscopy, and the results were not good but doctors don't have a definite diagnosis. She's taking antibiotics and coach Gorshkov is hopeful she'll recover in time for Worlds.

herios

Medalist
Gosh, I'm wishing her swift recovery.
So do I

I was away from this board for a week or so, due to some BIG COMPUTER PROBLEMS.

By the way, my Harddrive died and I had to replace the motherboard...losing everything in the process.

I did some research on Nora's status, as my first language is hungarian

From the hungarian press an article from yesterday:

http://www.hir24.hu/sport/242412/hoffmann-nora-elhagyhatja-a-korhazat.html

Summarizing the content, she was diagnosed with a kidney infection. She had high fever for about a week, which weakened her body significantly. With the antibiotic treatment she is under, her fever ceased and is under control for the last 4 days. She may be released from hospital soon, this decision will be taken by the doctors today.

Upon her realease, they will return to Hungary, to celebrate Nora's birthday on this Friday (the 26th), with her family.

Nora hopes to resume her training next week and to participate at the Worlds,

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Herios:

Thanks for letting us know re: Nora's latest health status.
I really wish that she could participate in worlds. She and her partner deserve it.

Neda

Rinkside
Nora Hoffmann could not recover for the world championship after kidney inflammation. We will not see them in Moscow :(