Thread: Russia 2011 Entries

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Russia 2011 Entries

Guys, we may have to keep any eye out on the entries, now the championships have been moved I can assume that skaters will pull out/do shows etc.

Already out is Shawn Sawyer (doing shows)
    Myriane Samson (knee injury)
    Kerr/Kerr (Sinead shoulder problem)
    Laura Lepisto (back injury)
    Valentina Marchei (knee injury)
    Patricia Glescic (injury?)

Hoffmann/Zavozin - doubtful

(Use this thread for regular updates on entries)

well, there's only one skater who's pulled out due to shows. the rest are all injury, and that's not unusual.

Medalist
    Dance is down to 32 teams , I can't for the life of me figure out who w/d, I think it may be Est, SVK, POL, FIN or TUR, anybody know?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cotillion View Post
    Dance is down to 32 teams , I can't for the life of me figure out who w/d, I think it may be Est, SVK, POL, FIN or TUR, anybody know?
    The turkish pair Agafonova/Ucar is out.

Damjan Ostojic (Bosna i Hercegovina) is out too, and Chinese Taipei will send Stephen Kuo instead of Jordan Ju.

I hoped that we had a new entry list, not just an update of Tokyo's entries, but it seems not... Too bad, because some federations (Poland, Slovakia, Norway, Netherlands...) had sent nobody to Tokyo probably to saving costs, but the costs are not the same in Moskva so they could have participate. But the ISU doesn't like when there is too many participants...

Custom Title
    Shawn Sawyer retired. He is now doing shows. He didn't pull out of worlds just to do shows, One had nothing to do with the other.

Medalist
    I read over at FSU that Nora H was released from hospital in Budapest but as far as them able to return to Moscow is unknown, does anyone have any further info? Poor Nora, I sure hope they don't have to miss yet another world championship!

Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    Shawn Sawyer retired. He is now doing shows. He didn't pull out of worlds just to do shows, One had nothing to do with the other.
    Actually, he would have gone to Worlds if Stars on Ice hadn't been at the same time - if Worlds had been on their original dates.