Russia 2011 Entries | Golden Skate

Russia 2011 Entries

russell30

Final Flight
Guys, we may have to keep any eye out on the entries, now the championships have been moved I can assume that skaters will pull out/do shows etc.

Already out is Shawn Sawyer (doing shows)
Myriane Samson (knee injury)
Kerr/Kerr (Sinead shoulder problem)
Laura Lepisto (back injury)
Valentina Marchei (knee injury)
Patricia Glescic (injury?)

Hoffmann/Zavozin - doubtful

(Use this thread for regular updates on entries)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
well, there's only one skater who's pulled out due to shows. the rest are all injury, and that's not unusual.

cotillion

Rinkside
Dance is down to 32 teams , I can't for the life of me figure out who w/d, I think it may be Est, SVK, POL, FIN or TUR, anybody know?

Nirti

Medalist
Dance is down to 32 teams , I can't for the life of me figure out who w/d, I think it may be Est, SVK, POL, FIN or TUR, anybody know?

The turkish pair Agafonova/Ucar is out.

Damjan Ostojic (Bosna i Hercegovina) is out too, and Chinese Taipei will send Stephen Kuo instead of Jordan Ju.

I hoped that we had a new entry list, not just an update of Tokyo's entries, but it seems not... Too bad, because some federations (Poland, Slovakia, Norway, Netherlands...) had sent nobody to Tokyo probably to saving costs, but the costs are not the same in Moskva so they could have participate. But the ISU doesn't like when there is too many participants...

mousepotato

On the Ice
Shawn Sawyer retired. He is now doing shows. He didn't pull out of worlds just to do shows, One had nothing to do with the other.

cotillion

Rinkside
I read over at FSU that Nora H was released from hospital in Budapest but as far as them able to return to Moscow is unknown, does anyone have any further info? Poor Nora, I sure hope they don't have to miss yet another world championship!

mousepotato

On the Ice
She flew out today to be examined in Hungary. Gorshkov said she should return to Russia on or about Tuesday and they will determin if they are ready to compete. Worlds is 3 weeks away so there is time for her to rest and still get a good weeks worth fo practice in.

cotillion

Rinkside
Good to hear about Nora, was expecting a w/d from them which was making me a little upset but this is a positive note , can't wait to see if she gets on the ice. Thanks for the info mousepotato.

herios

Medalist
Good to hear about Nora, was expecting a w/d from them which was making me a little upset but this is a positive note , can't wait to see if she gets on the ice. Thanks for the info mousepotato.

On the Edge thread I posted a new message following a hungarian news release. Check that out.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Worlds is a week away, and I noticed that Hoffmann/Zavozin are listed as entrants. Are they plan to compete? Does someone know about it?

herios

Medalist
Worlds is a week away, and I noticed that Hoffmann/Zavozin are listed as entrants. Are they plan to compete? Does someone know about it?

There is no update in the hungarian press since April 13. The last news was that they have returned to Moscow to resume training, but the final decision will be made this week if they would be ready to compete or not. So we will have to wait and see a few more days.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
There is no update in the hungarian press since April 13. The last news was that they have returned to Moscow to resume training, but the final decision will be made this week if they would be ready to compete or not. So we will have to wait and see a few more days.

Thanks herios for the update. I pray that Nora could participate in worlds. She and her partner have worked hard for this season; they deserve to participate in the finale for otherwise very good season for them.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Shawn Sawyer retired. He is now doing shows. He didn't pull out of worlds just to do shows, One had nothing to do with the other.

Actually, he would have gone to Worlds if Stars on Ice hadn't been at the same time - if Worlds had been on their original dates.

herios

Medalist
Thanks herios for the update. I pray that Nora could participate in worlds. She and her partner have worked hard for this season; they deserve to participate in the finale for otherwise very good season for them.

I have found some fresh news (April 20) about Nora, but I must say, not very optimistic:

http://www.origo.hu/sport/egyeb/tel...is-faj-a-dereka-kerdeses-a-vebeszereples.html

The article headline is: "NH is still experiencing lower back pain, her participation at the WC is in doubt"

Yesterday they have trained only for 45 minutes, she is unable to do her entire routines at full intensity. Final decision will be made on Sunday. The alternates (Turoczi/Major) have been announced and obtained their visas, in case they will need to step in.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I have found some fresh news (April 20) about Nora, but I must say, not very optimistic:

http://www.origo.hu/sport/egyeb/tel...is-faj-a-dereka-kerdeses-a-vebeszereples.html

The article headline is: "NH is still experiencing lower back pain, her participation at the WC is in doubt"

Yesterday they have trained only for 45 minutes, she is unable to do her entire routines at full intensity. Final decision will be made on Sunday. The alternates (Turoczi/Major) have been announced and obtained their visas, in case they will need to step in.

Oh, this is heart breaking. Will continue to pray for her health and well-being. :cry:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I really hope Hoffman/Zavozin can go. I really started to enjoy them these last two years and wanted them to have a top 10 finish.

CARA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
ISU site posted the latest revision of the worlds participants. Hoffman/Zavozin team is removed from the list. I'm afraid that they officially withdrew. :cry: