Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sinead and John Kerr retire

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I am so sad that they won't be able to skate in Sheffield I just loved so many of their programs to death, particularly their Scottish folk dance and their 20s/30s OD.

I hope that Sinead's shoulder heals soon, (even if that might require surgery, and that they skate in shows eventually, because I'd hate to never see them skate again.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-04-2011 at 10:27 AM.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Very sorry to hear about this.

Custom Title
    They will be wonderful crowd pleasers as professional skaters. Such warm and wonderful people whose personalities were always so honestly reflected in their skating.

Custom Title
    I am sad for them. But at least they exit the scene with a performance they could be proud of, their second european medal.

With this retirement, along with the Faiella / Scali's, the door has been opened to a msasive North American domination at this upcoming worlds, now almost sure all 6 NA teams will be placing in the top 10 in ice dance.

Custom Title
    Was always somewhat surprised that there was really no significant follow through for the sport in England after Torvill/Dean. I know there are "waves" and sometimes brilliance is not easy to "replicate" but was disappointed not to see more depth, especially given how well established ballroom dancing is in the UK. Felt similarly about the absence of a wave of "inspired" talent after Chen Lu retired. Kind of a "where is the little girl who watched her win" who then 6-8 years later comes on the scene? I always enjoyed and appreciated the Kerrs. Was always glad for the genuine support they have enjoyed from crowds. If "retired" means not skating, am sad they will not be on the scene as professionals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2