Here Comes Another Pelletier | Golden Skate

Here Comes Another Pelletier

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Canada's junior dancers Magali Charpentier and Jonathan Pelletier represent the new generation of ice dancers who hope to eventually fill the void left by the departure of Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz, who have dominated the Canadian ice dance scene for over a decade.

More

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Paula:

Thanks! I will look forward to seeing these two at the Canadians.

Mistyeyed

Rinkside
From the Pic alone they look like a Russian couple. S&P were not ice dancers to start with were they? Anyhow, perhaps this couple will go from dance to pairs. Ya just never know;)

JOHIO2

Medalist
Mistyeyed,

As I recall, Jamie and David were only pairs, never dancing. Did either compete in singles? Don't know off hand.

As for this ice team.....they'll stay dancers. Since he's never skated singles he's probably not interested in learning all those jumps.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
pelletier

yeah, S/P competed in singles. I think Jamie made it as far as 1993 Junior Worlds, where she lost to none other than- Michelle (Sarah Abitbol was also there as a singles skater)

Isn't there another David Pelletier in the US?

windspirit

On the Ice
Is this Pelletier really that tall :eek: or is it just that pic? I forgot where it's good if a man is much taller than his partner -- in pairs or in dance?