Could Eurosport Be Providing Better Coverage Of The Rescheduled World Championships? | Golden Skate

Could Eurosport Be Providing Better Coverage Of The Rescheduled World Championships?

Could Eurosport's Coverage Of The Rescheduled World Championships Be Better?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mao88

Record Breaker
Could Eurosport Be Providing Better Coverage Of The Rescheduled World Championships?

Somebody emailed Eurosport to find out how they would be covering the rescheduled World Championships. This was Eurosport's reply:-

"Thank you for your email.
With regards to the Figure Skating World Championships, our schedules were not confirmed until last week as this event was rescheduled at short notice due to the disasters in Japan. We have tried to fit as much of this event back into our schedules as possible and the full outline for this event is as follows:

Wednesday 27 April
1745-2000 LIVE Pairs Short Programme on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

Thursday 28 April
1610-1815 LIVE Pairs Free Programme on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD
1815-1900 Men’s Free Programme on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

Friday 29 April
1745-1900 LIVE Short Dance on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

Saturday 30 April
1730-1900 LIVE Free Dance on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

Sunday 1 May
2200-2330 Gala Exhibition on British Eurosport & Eurosport HD

While all information is accurate at the time of writing, schedules are subject to change."

The is the link to the reply from Eurosport: Eurosport Response

Hence, no coverage of the men's short and it would appear that they will not be showing any coverage of the ladies event at all

So the question is, could Eurosports coverage be better?

A friend of mine has posted this in another forum. I am posting it on this one as they had difficulty in registering on this site.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
No Ladies at all and measly 45 minutes for Mens?

This poll is a joke, n'est-ce pas? It should be a rant thread, until further changes by Eurosports.

I probably won't be watching Worlds live on Eurosports but I like hearing from different commentators on youtube.

eta. I know Great Brittain has no interest in Singles but don't other countries also broadcast Eurosports in different languages?

Last edited:

oksanafan

Match Penalty
Thanks. Unless people protest, nothing is ever going to change. The lack of TV coverage is killing the sport.

Medusa

Record Breaker
This has to be a joke! Tell me, that I can pay for some Russian TV and watch that... 45 Minutes for the Men? 45 Minutes - and those aren't even live! It's Thursday morning till early afternoon, what else can be so important to broadcast?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I know Great Brittain has no interest in Singles but don't other countries also broadcast Eurosports in different languages?

Eurosport Nordic has the same schedule.

what else can be so important to broadcast?

Eurosport proudly presents EVERYTHING from snooker worlds in Sheffield, April 16th - May 2nd. 120 hours on Eurosport and 75 hours on Eurosport 2. Lucky fans of this sport....

russell30

Final Flight
Eurosport a joke :scowl: (THEY HAVE 2 CHANNELS, WHO IS THE CONTROLLER THERE HE/SHE IS A NIGHTMARE, WHAT IS THE POINT OF EUROSPORT 2)

SNOOKER IS B***** BORING

The BBC (also in GB) is also not showing the skating, their schedule of the skating now also seems to have been cut (In particular dropping Barry Davies from the team in 2009).

I have to say that skating now is dead on TV, and online is the only way.

The only way we would get full coverage is at the Olympics (every 4 years :mad:)