Who Can put the Pressure on last years medalsist ladies Champions? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who Can put the Pressure on last years medalsist ladies Champions?

janetfan

Match Penalty
There just isn't enough space on Earth to fit that big IF.

IF you are not a fan then I have never met one. A fan, short for fanatic can root for or against things. You most definitely are a cheerleader as well seeing how you lead the cheering against Alissa.

You exhibit a fanatical belief that Alissa will always fail. :disagree:

I have a few doubts as to how clean Mao and Yuna may skate at Worlds. The delay may hurt some skaters more than others. Last season Miki could not bring her best at the Olympics or Worlds. This season we saw inconsistency cost her at the GPF.

IF Miki skates her best she has a great chance to be on the podium. IF Mao and Yuna skate their best they will probably be on the podium.

I think Alissa has a sporting chance. I agree with Tiny, and see no reason to continually put down Alissa after the season she just had.

But I guess it is just to much for you to resist leading the cheers against Alissa. :disapp:

sorcerer

Final Flight
Since this is placed in the Edge and not in Worlds thread, I'll take the original question (though a bit hard to understand) as "who will increase their possibility to poduim NEXT SEASON after Worlds, over those who have dominated the Ladies singles up till now?"

My answer is, those who are immune to pressure will.
Alissa, Caro, Mirai, Kiira .... they are not yet immune enough IMO. Some of these might never be.

In that sense, Kanako has the most potential as of now, as I see.
Rachael, maybe .... depends on her strategy.
Mirai .... Once she gets gold, she'll change.

janetfan

Match Penalty
R.D. is an equal opportunity skeptic. ;) He is not against any particular skater. In fact, his top two nicest skaters to meet so far are Alissa and Meryl Davis.

I am afraid I can't agree with your post and find RD to be totally biased against Alissa.

Would it be inaccurate to say his/her last few posts here are displaying a healthy dose of
"Czisny Dizzy paranoia."

Hey, some skater's names are not so easy to rhyme with :laugh:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I would think someone who's been on the board pretty much since day one would know far more about another's posting style than someone who's been here a shorter time. RD gets his "nonfan" status for a reason. He's pretty skeptical on all the ladies.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I can't imagine how someone could take the post I made earlier and draw the conclusion that I'm against Czisny or I want her to fall. :confused: Whatever, man

I really can't make it any clearer, or say this in a nicer way: Czisny's career has been a true roller-coaster. Up one time, down the next, then up again. For that reason, I cannot know what to expect from her any more.

I hope Good Alyssa shows up at Worlds, but I think I have enough evidence (e.g. her competitive history) to be doubtful. But I hope it happens.

ETA: For those that don't know, I'm a "he".

P.S. MM: You forgot Tanith Belbin ;)

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Last edited:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think it's time for a good rousing chorus of "Camp Asada." (Alissa sings, to the tune of "Camp Granada.")

♫ Hello Muddah....Hello Faddah...
Here I am at....Camp Asada....♪
Camp is really....quite appalling....
But they say I'll have some fun if I stop falling. ♫ ♪

Miki's landings....not a ripple....
Yu-na Kim goes....triple-triple....
Now its my turn....carpe diem!....
Hold the stars and stripes up high where I can see 'em! ♫ ♪

Triple toe-loop....perfect landing....
Double Axel....I'm still standing!....
Triple flip now....gee that's bettah....
Muddah, Faddah kindly disregard this lettah! ♪ :)

janetfan

Match Penalty

I think it's time for a good rousing chorus of "Camp Asada." (Alissa sings, to the tune of "Camp Granada.")

:rofl:

For those who have no idea what you are referring to maybe this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Hx_X84LC0

Lyrics by Allan Sherman, revised lyrics by Math C. Man

Music by Ponchielli

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Would it be inaccurate to say his/her last few posts here are displaying a healthy dose of
"Czisny Dizzy paranoia."

Hey, some skater's names are not so easy to rhyme with :laugh:

For those who read Chinese, I LMAO when I came across Czisny being addressed as 氣死你!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
ITA. What holding Alissa always has been her jump. Even if she didn't fall, her jumps are prone to underrotation. On average she falls and/or < jump at least once (of course she did a few programs with 6 triples) and in world championship she cann't afford this kind of mistake.

Yeah exactly. Whereas we have seen Kanako and Miki perform clean LPs multiple times this season and get good GOE on these jumps. Alissa scored so much lower than Mirai and Miki at 4CC because of GOE on her jump elements. I know her non-jump elements are superb, but even though the spins and spirals of Miki and Kanako look crappy compared to Alissa's, they still get the levels and usually even +GOE. So Alissa is at the disadvantage, she really needs to make no jump mistakes.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Miki and Kanako are much more consistent with their jumps than Alissa this season, and will get comparable PCS, so I think it's more likely Alissa will finish in the 4th-6th range. Of course, Miki and Kanako are capable of bombing, but I don't think they will, based on the way they have been performing recently. With Miki not going for the 3-3 or 3f in the SP, I'm pretty convinced she'll skate two very solid programs and land on the podium. Alissa doesn't get great GOE on her jumps and doesn't always rotate them either. I tend to think she'll finish ahead of Rachael and Kiira, though, and as for Carolina I'm not even going to guess.

How do you figure?

At NHK, Kanako had three falls, three URs and one edge call.
At SA, she had an edge call, two UR's and a popped-into-single loop.
At the GPF, on popped jump, one edge call

At SC, Czisny had one UR, one fall.
At TEB, one fall, one popped jump, one DG
At the GPF, one UR, one step-out
4CC was her worse competition by far, but having it so close to Nationals didn't help (tellingly, TEB was quite close to her sectionals/regionals competitions as well).

Czisny doesn't get great GOE's on her jumps. Nor does Kanako. Czisny devours the field in spins/spirals though, which basically adds up to another triple jump. At the GPF, Czisny had a 4.3 TES deficit to Kanako, and clawed most of that back on PCS.

Worth at least a gold medal on its own merits!

prettykeys

Medalist
RD definitely does not strike me as an anti-Alissa hoping for her to do badly.

However--and excuse me for this analogy--I am reminded of former alcoholics who managed to beat their habit who now refuse to drink a single drop while thinking of people who have social/occasional drinks as sinners. Just because one couldn't handle the fandom and/or the heartbreak and/or the disappointment of hoping for a favourite skater's good performance, does not make moderate fandom bad. And fandom is not the same as fanaticism. [Just because someone couldn't control themselves with alcohol does not make others who have a glass of wine on weekends, alcoholics, too.]

There is nothing wrong with being a fan and I, for one, enjoy reading of others' enthusiasm for skaters who may not be my personal favourites. On the other hand, I find it a downer when individuals pat themselves on the back for "not being a fan."

Just saying.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I really can't make it any clearer, or say this in a nicer way: Czisny's career has been a true roller-coaster. Up one time, down the next, then up again. For that reason, I cannot know what to expect from her any more.

Why do you need to expect anything from her or any skater? Just let the performances take you where they will.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:rofl: rather apt pre 2010 ;)

Where? Link plzzzz....

I can't locate the Chinese post discussing 氣死你 now but it took me less than a second to realize whom s/he was talking about. No idea when and where it started. Usually fans refer to her affectionately by her first name while a formal translation of "Czisny" is used officially.

For the clueless, 氣死你 is an exact phonic translation of "Czisny" and is a colloquial expression of :bang:.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
How do you figure?

At NHK, Kanako had three falls, three URs and one edge call.
At SA, she had an edge call, two UR's and a popped-into-single loop.
At the GPF, on popped jump, one edge call

At SC, Czisny had one UR, one fall.
At TEB, one fall, one popped jump, one DG
At the GPF, one UR, one step-out
4CC was her worse competition by far, but having it so close to Nationals didn't help (tellingly, TEB was quite close to her sectionals/regionals competitions as well).

Czisny doesn't get great GOE's on her jumps. Nor does Kanako. Czisny devours the field in spins/spirals though, which basically adds up to another triple jump. At the GPF, Czisny had a 4.3 TES deficit to Kanako, and clawed most of that back on PCS.

I more meant recently, Kanako has been jumping really well - ie at Japanese Nats, Asian Games, and the local competition she competed in recently. Some of her jumps don't get a lot of GOE but her 3t-3t, 3f, and 3 jump combo regularly do get good GOE. Alissa on the other hand I'm afraid might have peaked early this season. That's not saying she won't deliver at Worlds, but she skated really well at the GPF and then again at Nationals, but wasn't as good at 4CC. Maybe 4CC was a fluke, or maybe she just peaked early. It would appear that Miki and Kanako are just starting to peak now as their results have gotten better recently compared to early in the season.

All this being said, where Worlds is so late this year, it could effect everyone the same way, or serve as a nice time break and allow all skaters to come back fresh.