Thread: Top Ten for Kevin?

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Top Ten for Kevin?

do you think Kevin Reynolds will crack the top 10 this year?
    and improve upon his 12th place finish last year?
    Yes or no?
    does he have what it takes??
    can he do it???

GO KEVIN!!! QUAD KID!!!

Not only has Kevin reigning as the present Quad King, his over all presentation has improved 50%. He should have no problem if he lands his multiple Quads and skates an improved still program. Maybe even top 5; maybe even podium.

Custom Title
    Kevin has the quads and has improved so much in his artistry but something got in his head after making the record book at Skate Canada. Maybe the media-created rivalry with Chan for the Canadian Championships messed him up and it got carried over to 4CC. If he gets mentally straightened out and is able to perform like he can, top ten for sure and possibly top 5.

With his improved presentation, he is so much higher in my book than quad squad members like Bradley and KVDP, and may I say he is more watchable for me than today's Plushenko. Kevin's SC 2010 Gala performance.

Many worry for his 3A under Joanne Mcleod though.

I am so happy for him to go to Worlds after all. Go Kevin! Show 'em!
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 04-17-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Custom Title
    Can he do it? Yes. Especially if he lands two quads in his SP.

Will he? It's a deep field, but those he's competing against are just as prone to screwing up as he is. Which makes it unpredictable.

That said, SF, I think Mcleod had a hand in that "media created" rivalry. She certainly promoted it as such.

Custom Title
    No double his coach likely talked up her skater. But without Joannie, Tessa and Scott, nor Jessica/Bryce, Chan was the sole headliner so the organizers really were a bit desperate about the promotion for the Cdn Nationals. Thus, the Chan/Reynolds rivalry was played up and Chan made an announcement of doing 2 quads in his LP, all to generate some excitement for the event.

Hopefully, Kevin learned a lession about spotlight and pressure.

Custom Title
    If Reynolds does well, I'll be quite happy as I like three spots for the Canadian men (plus it means that Rogozine could get the chance to strut his stuff on the senior circuit). But if there's any coach who really struggles to mentally prepare skaters for the big competition, is McLeod (remember Sandhu?). Given the tsursis of this season, I would be surprised (impressed, but surprised) if Reynolds ended it on a high note.

I'll be honest, I first thought this thread was about van der Perren, as I've generally written Reynolds off this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Hopefully, Kevin learned a lession about spotlight and pressure.
    I'm curious...what lesson is that?