Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Top Ten for Kevin?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Fair skinned people should spend 1/2 hour in the Sun because it is the sun's rays that has the beneficial vitamin D3. Keven would not burn for 1/2 hour in the sun, but also get a little tanned by the end of summer if he wants that.

Lots of male competitors are using cleverly disguised makeup for competition. Why not? Many professional men do it discreetly in business.
    Kevin has the kind of skin that never tans, just burns and peels, and freckles. He should not spend more than 30 minutes in the sun per day, and never between the hours of 11 am and 3 pm. Tanning beds are a serious cancer risk.

There are tanning creams that provide a tan appearance without the risk of sun exposure. But considering that most of Kevin's face is not visible under his wild hair, I don't know why he would even bother.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    kevin reynolds....perfect QUAD LOOP!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApzeFtzKhwc
    Underrotated.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Most skaters will glide on a back outside edge before turning to the forward outside edge of an Axel. I find that it could be problematic. When I skated I found that using a choctaw from the back inside edge to the forward outside edge was easier. I never noticed Kevin's preparation for the Axel, but I believe Lambiel had that problem and he should have switched to the choctaw.
    I personally don't see how a choctaw entrance would make a Triple Axel easier. You'd be forcing your body to change direction right before jumping.

Tripping on the Podium
    PJ Kwong Q&A with Reynolds http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/pjkwo...at-worlds.html

Says he was only notified on the 28th of March that he was going to Worlds and that he had to ease back into training due to a hip injury.

Custom Title
    Thanks for posting oak10008. That explains a lot... like his performance at Nats and 4CC's. Here's hoping he can pull it out for Worlds. He's a nice kid, and I hope he does well.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Underrotated.
    What about these two?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roZs3IvlSGg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lle_MKUW9ac

Custom Title
    I personally don't see how a choctaw entrance would make a Triple Axel easier. You'd be forcing your body to change direction right before jumping.
    Well I understand your point.

However many skaters doing a mohawk off the back outside edge tend to lose speed on the BO edge and the curve they should be staying on collapses ( for good technique ).

Kevin really does slow down on his BO edge causing the collapse and this gives him problems.

The BI-FO choctaw at least prevents the collapsing of the curve. However it may force one to go too far outside the curve at takeoff.

There are pros and cons to both techniques IMO.

Custom Title
    The article linked a couple posts above states that Reynolds won't be going for the 2nd quad in the short. I'd say that pretty much destroy's Reynold's chances for a top ten finish.

Custom Title

re Canadian future hopes

none of you seem to be mentioning Jeremy Ten - I know he was out for a good part of the season with an injury but I have always felt he has great potential - any ideas on how he is doing in his recovery and does anybody knowlegable about the Canadian scene think he might be a factor for the 2nd or 3rd( hopefully ) spot next year?

Custom Title
    I like Jeremy a lot and feel bad for his lousy season. Back to back with first 2 comps of the season in Japan then Canada, with jet jag, a serious flu and 2 exams in between. He had the surgery and couldn't skate for 2 1/2 months. On Mar. 14, he twitted:

30 mins till I touch the ice! No matter what happens from this day forward, I know for that brief second, that 1st glide after 2 1/2 months
    I'm going to experience true serenity wash over me. <3
    First 5 minutes, almost bailed trying to skate backwards. I honestly panicked and though 'OMG I forgot how to skate!' Then I did a camel and
    realized I didn't. I think there was a smile on my face the entire hour on the ice. Except for the moments where I was out of breath...I'm
    so excited for this journey! I would've taken a picture but my phone
    died :(

@van3ssaharris0n Don't know when my next competition will be. I just got back on the ice on Monday but won't be jumping for a while.
    18 Mar

3 months since surgery and no jumping and I landed a triple toe first try. Feelin pretty good
    1 Apr

Lately it's all about marathon exams.

He is a prolific twitter. I kind of half follow whenever I check Skatersnews site. Very sweet kid.

I hope he is back on track and shows us a new Jeremy soon. I really like his skating though he had trouble with his jumps this last year. Surgery is supposed to fix that.

I'd say that Quad Loop would deserve to be called as fully rotated, although I'd give it -1 GOE for landing on the inside edge.

The Quad Flip looked borderline at best, probably a <, and was also landed on the inside edge.

Custom Title
    I'd say that Quad Loop would deserve to be called as fully rotated, although I'd give it -1 GOE for landing on the inside edge.

The Quad Flip looked borderline at best, probably a <, and was also landed on the inside edge.
    Thank you

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    I agree. I think the problem Joe has highlighted isn't the glide in the "check" position, but the fact that many skaters don't have their weight over their feet when going into the triple axel

Also, with regards to Kevin's packaging--McLeod's skaters seem to have this problem lately. Mira was raked over the coals for her packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by blue dog View Post

Also, with regards to Kevin's packaging--McLeod's skaters seem to have this problem lately. Mira was raked over the coals for her packaging.
    More like lack of packaging..

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    [QUOTE=
    eta. I don't understand why so much hate for Kevin's hair. It's pretty cool, probably as expensive and high maintenance as many women's "natural look". Why so sure that judges hold it against him?[/QUOTE]

I totally agree! I love his hair. It's what makes him him. I don't find it sloppy and unkept. It's the style. It's supposed to look like that. I think he's cute. Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing him with a different haircut. Especially if it would help him with the judges. I really enjoy his skating and if changing his hair style will help him get better presentation marks, I'm all for it. If it means he can move up in the ranks then go for it. Usually, I would be like...screw it. If they don't like it, oh well. But I really like Kevin and I would like to see him get his due.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast