Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Top Ten for Kevin?

  1. #61
    Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    559
    Please, please Kevin do what's best for you and change coaches if that will make you improve!
    How long has he been with McLeod anyways?
    I think it will be hard for him to leave if he feels a certain loyalty, especially if he's been with her since forever. And depending on their kind of relationship.

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by aemeraldrainc View Post
    Please, please Kevin do what's best for you and change coaches if that will make you improve!
    How long has he been with McLeod anyways?
    I think it will be hard for him to leave if he feels a certain loyalty, especially if he's been with her since forever. And depending on their kind of relationship.
    Plus, if Kevin wants to stay at home in BC he basically has little choice but to stick with McLeod--she's the dominant skating figure in the region and like, practically every elite-level skater (Sandhu, Leung, Ten, Nam Nguyen) from the area ends up within her clutches.

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    288
    I wonder about his injury.......could it be caused by poor technique? I'm all for a coaching change for him if that is the cause of his injury. He needs to go back to the drawing board with a competent jumping coach....I'd love to see him do well. He seems like a nice kid, and can skate a good program when healthy. I hope he continues to work with Shae as it appears she has had a positive influence on him. I hope he continues on and doesn't give up.

  4. #64
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    3,966
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    One skater doesn't make antional program I am sorry. And what if Chan gets injured like last season? Skate Canada will pull what kind of rabbit of thei hat suddenly if they didn't care about anybody else? That is non sense.
    Obvious they "care" about other skaters but they are not going to politik very much for any other skaters within the discipline or call upon experts to provide constant tutelage. They know that all of the other current Senior Men skaters will never be what Chan is. Instead, they will focus more on trying to develop their younger skaters in order to grow new Chans for the future.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Obvious they "care" about other skaters but they are not going to politik very much for any other skaters within the discipline or call upon experts to provide constant tutelage. They know that all of the other current Senior Men skaters will never be what Chan is. Instead, they will focus more on trying to develop their younger skaters in order to grow new Chans for the future.
    I agree. They know there isnt a prayer that Reynolds, Russel, Ten, et al will ever be a Chan caliber skater. Best to work on the really young ones that have the most potential for the long term future.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    One bad season doesn't make a pattern for me just yet. He is young enough to get over it. However, if he will repeat this again, I will put him in the same bracket as Mira and Emanuel as far as unfulfilled promises. I mean, he was actually beating Patrick Chan when they were kids, so common, one is now first, the other 20th in the world?
    It is pretty silly to put Chan or Reynolds in the same boat as far as talent, potential, or wasted potential as Sandhu who had WAY more potential and overall talent than either skater. In fact I would say Mira Leung is an overachiever if anything. Even with a crazy mom and questionable coaching she wasnt that good, look at Surya Bonaly for instance. For a skater of her limited skills to have reached 3 World Championships, won so many National medals, and competed at an Olympics, I would say she had a great career relative to her true potential which was never to be a real champion. Reynolds has more potential than Leung but he at most he had Timothy Goebel potential, to be a great fast spinning quadster who through very hard work and great coaching/choreography if he had that to improve his triples, non jump elements, basic skating, and programs enough to scrape out high placings with the big edge of his quads. Sandhu had potential to be a legend, to be the best in the World and win many big titles, which those other two arent even close to.

  7. #67
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,744
    I also think that maybe Liam Firus can be a 'new Chan' in the years to come, because his skating now reminds me of Patrick's like 5 years ago

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    I wish Shawn had done Worlds too. I think he could have finished in the top 12 if he skated as well as he did at Canadians. I could definitely see him competing with the U.S B team guys they sent to Worlds who finished around there.

  9. #69
    - * - blue_idealist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I wish Shawn had done Worlds too. I think he could have finished in the top 12 if he skated as well as he did at Canadians. I could definitely see him competing with the U.S B team guys they sent to Worlds who finished around there.
    Yeah, on a good day, he's capable of a 145 in the free, and that's skating a bit less good than he did at Canadian Nationals (unfortunately there's no non-national-inflated score to use for a skate like that), which would have put him around 11th or 12th place. On a bad day, he wouldn't have ended up any worse than Kevin. I haven't seen him do a FS scoring less than the low 120s.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •