Kwan New Advisor on US-China Women's Initiative | Golden Skate

Kwan New Advisor on US-China Women's Initiative

:rock: Its amazing all the opportunities that seem to lie at Michelle's feet. :love:

Now, Michelle. The first thing you have to do, if you hope for your partners Mary Kay and Walmart to make commercial inroads in China, is to get your buddy Prsident Hu to allow the value of Chinese currency to float to its natural market value versus the dollar, instead of keeping it artificially low so that China can flood U.S. markets with cheap goods. This keeps wages artificially low in China, while contributing to the federal debt and unemployment in the U.S. Stockpiling U.S. dollars will not really help China in the long run (we can always print more.) :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Michelle, for your new official post.

Now, Michelle, as an international economist, you must be keenly aware of the perilous position the Dollar has been in. The US even invaded Irag to ensure PetroDollar stay as such, as that scoundrel Saddam Hussain had the gall to ask for Euros for his oil! After all those years of bestowing friendship as well as financial and military aids on him, how could US stand by while he initiated and spread such damaging practice?! Without the PetroDollar as the World's Reserve Currency, and privileges of writing checks people don't cash, the US$ could have tanked instead of slowly sinking. Granted China has been propping up the Dollar and the US economy not all out of altruism. They have to protect their Trillion Dollar loans to the US. Surely you must have laughed at the shows both governments put up, with the US assuring China of its Strong Dollar Policy while trying to inflat away its ginormous debts by printing insane amounts of the fiat Dollar, and China promising to support the said Dollar by not dumping its US Treasury Notes, all the while spending and investing US$ all over the world to procure current and future tangible resources, knowing the $'s purchasing power will inevitably diminish. They even have the audacity to buy goodwill by using the Dollars to build infra-strutures, malls, villages, etc. all over Africa and South America!

You must know well, Michelle, that without a strong fiat Dollar to buy oil and real goods produced with real (and cheap) labor, most Americans' standard of living would long have plunged. In fact, prices would have inflated so much that even many employed Americans would find it hard to afford food for their families and energy to heat or cool their homes or to transport themselves and their goods. Witness how much the cost of everything that can't be imported has risen over the years, such as health care and other professional services, as well as real estate until it collapsed from super inflation. Yes, yes, you and I both know price inflation is finally happening anyway. The Big Banks have been having barrels of fun and profits leveraging all the play money gifted them by their government buddies, causing asset inflation, but eventually some of the trillions of printed Dollars are flowing out to the general population. There is only so much China can do to slow down and postpone the Dollar devaluation and hyper inflation.

All posturing notwithstanding, the two frienemies have actually been counting on each other to manage and moderate the decline of the once mighty Buck. Meanwhile they put on the dog and pony shows to cover their shenanigans of public charges and censures with closed door negotiations and actual collabrations, as well as displays of big smiles and mutual assurances at state banquets with hidden agendas and schemes backed up with missiles and warships. However, Michelle, of all people, you should be able to glide, spin, and jump your way through the political gamesmanship with the skills and grace you have honed in your long and luminous skating career.

BTW, Michelle, do thank China for their draconian One Child Policy without which the price of oil must have been way over $200/barrel and starvation and food riots must be rampant all over the world already instead just beginning.

Your role may sound minor, Michelle, but let's hope you will help women to rise up and wise up the world's governments. In any event, please ensure figure skating flourish as the coolest sport in both countries.

janetfan

Match Penalty
:rock: Its amazing all the opportunities that seem to lie at Michelle's feet. :love:

Now, Michelle. The first thing you have to do, if you hope for your partners Mary Kay and Walmart to make commercial inroads in China, is to get your buddy Prsident Hu to allow the value of Chinese currency to float to its natural market value versus the dollar, instead of keeping it artificially low so that China can flood U.S. markets with cheap goods. This keeps wages artificially low in China, while contributing to the federal debt and unemployment in the U.S. Stockpiling U.S. dollars will not really help China in the long run (we can always print more.) :)

The real purpose behind Michelle's appointment is that China has offered one trillion dollars for Michelle to become a figure skating coach for the Chinese federation. :yes:

Negociations are well under way but so far USA is holding firm and demanding two trillion for Michelle's services.

That along with free Chinese takeout for the Whitehouse. ;)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The real purpose behind Michelle's appointment is that China has offered one trillion dollars for Michelle to become a figure skating coach for the Chinese federation. :yes:

Bin Yao watch your back!!!!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
China can't afford her! She's priceless :)

SkateFiguring said:
Michelle, of all people, you should be able to glide, spin, and jump your way through the political gamesmanship...

I never thought of it that way. Michelle will be a great politician! :)

skfan

Final Flight
I never thought of it that way. Michelle will be a great politician! :)

good lord, no! it's come so soon?

how in the world do you separate michelle the politician from michelle the skater? i would have preferred it if she had gone into some other field, like, yak herding in tibet :) something that keeps my memories of her restricted to the days when her motives were pure and unimpeachable (like, i want to kick everybody's butt and win LOL)

ETA please don't flame me, MK fans. i'm as fanatical as any of you, i'm as proud of her for still pursuing her education despite the fact that she could rest on her laurels and millions, as any of you. i just have a reflexive cringe reaction to... politics, even though i know a lot of positive changes came about by other people's admirable political struggles.

Last edited:
good lord, no! it's come so soon?

how in the world do you separate michelle the politician from michelle the skater? i would have preferred it if she had gone into some other field, like, yak herding in tibet :) something that keeps my memories of her restricted to the days when her motives were pure and unimpeachable (like, i want to kick everybody's butt and win LOL)

ETA please don't flame me, MK fans. i'm as fanatical as any of you, i'm as proud of her for still pursuing her education despite the fact that she could rest on her laurels and millions, as any of you. i just have a reflexive cringe reaction to... politics, even though i know a lot of positive changes came about by other people's admirable political struggles.

I know it gets depressing to look at the political scene sometimes, though certainly not all the time. (Take a look at Corey Booker, mayor of Newark, sometime.) But keep in mind that Michelle seems to be headed for diplomacy, not politics. Though there's often a crossover, there really is a difference of intent. Politics is by its nature adversarial, and diplomacy can be more conciliatory. If this is where Michelle is pointing toward, she could be a huge asset for the U.S. I know it would be easier to retain a "pure" view of her if she became, say, a doctor or a chemical researcher hunting down the cure for Parkinson's, but yet again, she's not listening to us. (I was adamant about her remaining with Frank Carroll in 2002, but did she telepathically pick up on my wise thoughts? No indeed!) I think it'll work out well, though. Like you, I do hope she doesn't get crass in her maturity.

I know, I know!

So, Michelle, are you a Republican or a Democrat? Well, there goes half of your fan base, whichever way you answer.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I know, I know!

So, Michelle, are you a Republican or a Democrat? Well, there goes half of your fan base, whichever way you answer.

Well, she'll be the connection between the parties, like the connection between China and US.:)

skfan

Final Flight
I know, I know!

i seem to recall someone on MKF saying for michelle he'd even vote republican LOL i don't know if i'd go quite that far :p i know, i know, lincoln was a republican.

olympia, i loved what you said about the telepathic message you sent to MK to stay with frank carroll. a lot of messages were being sent that year--i think perhaps some wires got crossed? or maybe our messages were ignored :) my message about the panoramic views one enjoys while yak herding, for example.

well, diplomacy is... you're right, it's not like she's already running for governor of california. still, diplomacy's invariably tied into politics--if china and america sit down to dinner it's because both sides want something, and the things negotiated or brought about will benefit some in america and not others, some will cry foul. i may turn out to be one of them. but it's not as if there weren't people who didn't like her _before_ she entered diplomacy, and even just speaking for me as one fan, it's not like i absolutely agree with everything MK says even now.

i still enjoy nicole bobek's old programs. i even consider her 96-97 giselle program my favorite giselle on ice ever (sorry katia), so, i may not have to give away all my old MK tapes after all ^__^

..it's not like she's already running for governor of california....

She'll be like Earl Warren, who was nominated for governor of California in 1947 by both the Demoncratic Party and the Republican Party (also the Progressive Party). :cool:

As governor of California Michelle would follow in the footsteps of another world champion athlete, Arnold Schwazenegger (World Champion in body building). Not to mention, in the footsteps of a famous B-movie cowboy actor. :)