gloves as part of the skater's costume | Page 2 | Golden Skate

gloves as part of the skater's costume

Neda

Rinkside
Plushy had a programme one year where he seemed to be wearing a pair of yellow marrigold washing up gloves - they looked awful!
But they brought him the first gold in world champ. If you mean these ones.

seniorita

Record Breaker
this board is all surprises, thanx Mm

^Ant wants a pair of these, thats why he is complaining!:biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ah Camille... yes many a joke was had at those nationals thanks to my friends in the arena... I had a pair of red knit gloves that I let a friend have after she named one of them after Johnny's glove... we Johnny-fied a lot of my accessories that year (he liked MY sunglasses that she was wearing on her head, so she got to keep those too lol)

BigJohn

On the Ice
Gloves should never be a part of mens' skating.

It should be against the rules, guys should get disqualified and banned for wearing them.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I wore gloves for practice sessions when I figure skated. Of course, gloves were a necessity when tracing figures (ice rinks are cold!) because one's movement was pretty stilted. Most skaters do not wear gloves when taking tests or competing or in shows (unless it is part of their costume). I noticed some of the skaters were a little over the top costume wise (Russia's top lady contender for example). There was time when the rules were very strict about what costumes the skaters could wear for competitions, but now it does not seem as strict. I don't have a problem with a skater wearing gloves as long as it makes sense.