Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Program Stuff

Spectator

0 Not allowed!

2011-2012 Program Stuff

Ashley Wagner is skating to something from Black Swan.

Link

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Good heavens! We haven't finished with the old program thread yet!

Well--D&W mentioned that it was odd to be working on this year's programs when all around them people were working on next years, except for V&M, C&Z, the Shibs and the Lithuanians.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    .... should I not have started it? If not, delete away.

Skating is Art, if you let it be Blades of Passion's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    You might delete my post, but you will never delete my FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!!!

Javier Fernandez is skating to Braveheart next season.

Actually, he isn't. But wouldn't that be fun?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Ashley Wagner is skating to something from Black Swan.

Link
    That sounds cool!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I think Leonova also mentioned something about Black swan, I think she said she likes the music but is afraid that many people will use it next season and she wants to be more original. Here we have the first one
    I think though that Ashley might be gorgeous in it!

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    I was just waiting to hear that someone's picked Black Swan to skate to! The very first time I heard the soundtrack, I remember thinking, "This is going to be everywhere in the 2010-2011 season." I actually think it would suit Ashley very well, but I guess we'll have to wait and see! Clint Mansell did the soundtrack, I believe. If I recall correctly, he did Requiem for a Dream too (which, IMO, should be temporarily banned from use in skating until further notice ).

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Miki Ando is also skating to Black Swan.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    isn't miki's black swan just an exhibition? really, i had no idea skaters were such lemmings

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe, but I actually think it would be a strong peice for her.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Here are what's known so far. I'll post more as new information come up.

Men’s
    Tomas Verner
    SP - Carmina Burana (hiphop style)
    Chreographer – Camerlengo
    FS - Goodman's "Sing Sing Sing" + L. Armstrong's version of the "La vie en rose"
    Chreographer – Lori Nicol

Grant Hochstein's
    sp - Claire de lune.

Stephen Carriere
    SP - Louis Armstrong, La Vie En Rose and "Mack the Knife."
    FS - Swan Lake

Alexander Johnson
    SP - "O mio babbino caro,"
    FS - the Khachaturian ballet Gayane

Wesley Campbell
    SP - Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez."
    LP - The Mission.

Ladies
    Ashley Wagner
    SP – Pollack
    Chreographer – Phillip Mills
    FS – Black Swan

Korpi
    Chreographer – Shae-Lynn Bourne

Laura Lepisto
    FS - Adiós Nonino & Fuga y Misterio by Ástor Piazzolla performed by Gary Burton

Pairs
    Cadee Denny & John Coughlin
    SP- East of Eden
    FS - Nessun Dorma

Gretchen Donlan and Andrew Speroff
    SP – 'O mio babbino caro
    Chreographer – Sheryl Franks and Deidre Williams
    FS – Sleeping Beauty
    Last edited by blue dog; 06-29-2011 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Add SP info for Denney/Coughlin

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Maybe, but I actually think it would be a strong peice for her.
    I do too. Very promising. It would be interesting for her to do the white swan as her SP... except that she already did that trick this year (just not to Tchaikovsky). She does have those two sides to her skating personality, and it's actually the "dark" side that she needs to work on now.

This is the longest of shots, but I once saw a ballerina do a bit from Swan Lake, and she actually rippled her arms. At least that's what it looked like--I suppose she was double-jointed. I've seen many swan queens since then, but never one who could do that. Her name was Pamela Nearhoof - her arms were so gaspworthy that I still remember her, 30 years later! Miki might want to look her up.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I do too. Very promising. It would be interesting for her to do the white swan as her SP... except that she already did that trick this year (just not to Tchaikovsky). She does have those two sides to her skating personality, and it's actually the "dark" side that she needs to work on now.

This is the longest of shots, but I once saw a ballerina do a bit from Swan Lake, and she actually rippled her arms. At least that's what it looked like--I suppose she was double-jointed. I've seen many swan queens since then, but never one who could do that. Her name was Pamela Nearhoof - her arms were so gaspworthy that I still remember her, 30 years later! Miki might want to look her up.

i'm actually very fond of miki, and i still hold out hope that we'll get to see good programs from her next season, even if only exhibitions or at improv ice. i was just a bit disappointed to find even more support for the prediction 'everybody will be skating to black swan next season'

ripping swan arms, eh? i've seen many ballerinas--perhaps not as many as you have, but i don't find too much undulation appealing. the vulnerability of the swan queen comes from somewhere else, IMHO. but i'll look up the ballerina you mentioned--maybe she can change my mind

miki has improved her presentation significantly. if the music cut is interesting and the choreography is less COP oriented (perhaps for an exhibition program?), odds are i'll really like that program. swan lake has 3 hours of music--perhaps it won't be as repetitive as i'd imagined even if everybody _does_ skate to black swan.

CARA, thank you for the compilation. you might want to add that Mao is skating to Liebestraum again this season, and something choreographed by Tat for her SP.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    Korpi
    Chreographer – Shae-Lynn Bourne
    How did you know that? There was information she kept her Over the rainbow SP.
    Quote Originally Posted by CARA View Post
    Laura Lepisto
    FS - Adiós Nonino & Fuga y Misterio by Ástor Piazzolla performed by Gary Burton
    Laura's new FS is to Miss Saigon...

0 Not allowed!
    The Film: Black Swan used a sampling of the music in Swan Lake. The Black Swan pas de deux is the bravura piece of the whole ballet and arguably the most difficult pas de deux in all of Ballet. Sasha Cohen used much of it in her TT routine and was at her best. Ilia Klimkin used much of the music of the Sorcerer and was brilliant. Takahashi used an insturmental version of Swan Lake which was good for him.

The music, both in ballet and the film plays very seductively. Can Wagner do it, or will she take it to her own level?

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast