2011-2012 Program Stuff | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2011-2012 Program Stuff

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Let's see how many "Black Swans" we will see next season...I am going for 6!

if this is the case, i want three ninas and three girls playing black swan. I don't want them trying to show the character's descent into madness all in four minutes.

sigrid

On the Ice
Seen on IFS Magazine website

Hausch/Wende
SP: “Music is my First Love” by John Miles
LP: "Your Highness” OST

Zhiganshina/Gazsi
SD: “Rumba d’Amour”
FD: "Romeo and Juliet" OST

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Nothing ahout this program was worth watching except her natural strokin, but even that there was nothing more than cross rolls and foreward skating. She needs a choreographer badly.

Could not agree more...

And she does not need a new choreographer, she just needs a choreographer. And the same applies to Gachinski!!!

herios

Medalist
Seen on IFS Magazine website

Zhiganshina/Gazsi
SD: “Rumba d’Amour”
FD: "Romeo and Juliet" OST

Oh Boy. Rumba d'Amour... Although I love this song, probably we will have to keep track of who WILL NOT skate to it, rather who does??
Make it a CD and get over with it! Nobody will come close to T&D anyway with this one.

And then Romeo & Juliet?
Can they pick anything original ? No they can't. Too hard. Geez.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
From P J's blog, Patrick Chan's unnamed new LP is a non movie composition:

The real news is the free program whose music is still under wraps but is everything that a skater could hope for. "Lori and I were at (music editor) Lenore (Kay's) and had pretty much decided on some music and were just about to leave when Lenore said wait a minute, there's just one more piece I want to play for you and that was it." He says he feels a huge connection emotionally to the music and cannot wait to get it out there. He even said that after a run-through he is often left with goose bumps. He explains: "It's all three things: it's the music, it's a composed piece not from a movie. The reason why the composer wrote it is amazing and of course the beautiful choreography from Lori Nichol." For Patrick, this program delivers the 'whole package." "I feel good about it. The program is 'seamless' and what I mean by seamless is that there is no distinction in the music. It flows from one section to the next. Do you remember the middle section of my Phantom program where the music changed and I rested? Well this program is nothing like that" He continues by explaining that it is even more demanding than anything else he has done.(That's hard to imagine).

He's going to debut it with 2 quads, and then maybe make it 3 or 4 quads by the end of the season now that he's got his 4S in addition to the 4T.

herios

Medalist
He's going to debut it with 2 quads, and then maybe make it 3 or 4 quads by the end of the season now that he's got his 4S in addition to the 4T.

I saw a brief report in the evening news on CTV mentioning this in the sport section.
Patrick did talk briefly about the number of quads he was going to try, indeed he said 3 or maybe 4 towards the end of the season.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
^^^ That's just in the LP.

Who knows, maybe the lowest valued jump in his SP would be the 3A by the end of the season. :eek:

eta. Actually, P J wrote that he would debut with at least 2 quads in the new LP. Well, he was already doing 2 quads last season before having the new 4S.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, a quad-quad combo isn't one he can do in the SP as it's currently not allowed. I think he'd wait to get the quad flip before going for two quads in the short, though.

Please correct my thinking. Isn't Kevn vdPerren the only skater who is credited with a Quad/Quad combo?

As to all the talk about the variety of Quads to be presented in this season's events, I go by my favorite motto: What you read on paper is not what you see in competition. Similarly, what one sees in practice is not necessarily to be seen in competition.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, a quad-quad combo isn't one he can do in the SP as it's currently not allowed. I think he'd wait to get the quad flip before going for two quads in the short, though.

No quad/quad combo is necessary. He could try 4T/3T, 3A and 4S since he can likely do his quads out of steps. Kevin Reynolds is already in the records book for doing two (different) quads in the SP.

One thing I find unfair in COP is that not only are there no bonus for any jump combo, the extra jump, often a triple, receives no GOE at all. GOE values for a quad combo are the same as those for a 3A or a single quad.