Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Top Skaters of Today

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    LMAO that picture is amazing.

But the rule is still [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]. A perfectly good Triple jump shouldn't be discredited just because extra jumps that weren't allowed are added behind it.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    ^^^^^ And Skate America 2010, handing over the gold medal to Daisuke. Again.

When will Nobu ever learn?
    where did you find that picture? i want to see more such comics! LOL (not making fun of oda of course, just... with all the serious pontification going on with worlds next week, i could use a laugh or two).

since the holy idols on the walls are clearly shizuka and yagudin, i would guess that the other students are supposed to be real members of the japanese team, right? or at least japanese skaters. who are the others in the room? from the dress i would guess the lady on the left in front is mao.

ETA--ok, i see, the names of the ladies on the right. but who are the guys? who's the one with the bleached hair?
    Last edited by skfan; 04-23-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Custom Title
    This is what I get:

Teacher - Morozov
    Front row - Mao, Nobu, Koz
    Back row - red head? Miki, Fumie
    Peeking at the door - Daisuke

LOL at No Alcohol for Nobu and quad for Miki on posters.

What I need to know is what it says above the black board and on Miki's tissue box. And UNI ALO on Kozuka's bag, his university?

Custom Title
    Nan Song of China hasn't done a quad in a competition. So its doubtful he will make the top 10.

Chan of Canadia has like 100% shot at winning. Can both the United States get three spots again and can Russia get two? Because US has three they are surely going to get 2 as a guarantee but Gachnski is it for Russia and he must get in the top 10. To do that he has to do better than 2 or 3 europeans who did better than him at Euros and probably two of the American entries possibly all three!!

take off the oven mitts
    This is what I get:

Teacher - Morozov
    Front row - Mao, Nobu, Koz
    Back row - red head? Miki, Fumie
    Peeking at the door - Daisuke

LOL at No Alcohol for Nobu and quad for Miki on posters.

What I need to know is what it says above the black board and on Miki's tissue box. And UNI ALO on Kozuka's bag, his university?

i think that's UNIQLO--i thought that was a person... but... uh it turns out to be a brand name--google says there's a flagship store in SOHO.

miki's tissue box says 'smile' ^__^ is that morozov's message to her? smile more, be more expressive?

why does fumie's sign say 'guest-san'? maybe i'm reading it wrong--isn't that the character for guest? is that because she's never been coached by him--she's auditioning the course? or maybe she needs to think of the audience, interact with them more, and be more charismatic and all that

has mao ever been coached by morozov? i thought with the scarlet high collar that had to be mao--you recognized the lady as mao, too.

i want more of these comics! LOL

ETA on top of the black board: spin, step, jump. actually i only see 'pin' but i guessed that it must say 'spin' ^_^
    Last edited by skfan; 04-23-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Custom Title
    Isn't Fumie ignoring him anyway and listening to her iPod? LOL !!!

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Idk, I just feel like Brezina won't. I guess because he's a much better skater in general than VDP, except for the jumps. VDP tends to run out of gas a lot, as we all probably know.
    That's a personal feeling (your word) Brezina not only could not compete in the GPs, he also lost months of practicing and staying in shape. He showed up at Euros and finished 2nd in the SP. I don't think he will podium this season, but it's possible that he makes Top 10. I hope to see him skate on IN.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    LMAO that picture is amazing.

But the rule is still [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color]. A perfectly good Triple jump shouldn't be discredited just because extra jumps that weren't allowed are added behind it.
    You should realize it is no longer a Free Skate. The number of jumps in the CoP are restrictive.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    It's not a question of doing too many jumping passes or even too many of the same jump, though. It's a problem of an ALLOWED jump being given 0 points because an extra jump was done in combination with it. The rule should be that the extra jumps which were executed are given 0 points, not the whole jumping pass itself.

Custom Title
    No interesting cartoons but I like these Korean caricatures. and some of these are pretty good.

No interesting cartoons but I like these Korean caricatures. and some of these are pretty good.
    Yu-na Kim #3 and Joannie Rochette are great from the first set.

Skatefiguring, you've got to get this one for your avatar.

http://img.blog.yahoo.co.kr/ybi/1/64...1228298473.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Yu-na Kim #3 and Joannie Rochette are great from the first set.

Skatefiguring, you've got to get this one for your avatar.

http://img.blog.yahoo.co.kr/ybi/1/64...1228298473.jpg
    Cute but not enough likeness. Miki's, Kozuka's, and Jeremy's are best for me but they are all cute. I like Oda's the best in the other set but he's such an easy caricature subject. Their poses are all so recognizable.

And so much drama with the Ice Dancers! They are really good.

Mathman must have a collection of the Kween's images!
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 04-23-2011 at 03:58 PM.

take off the oven mitts
    nice finds. i happen to think the patrick chan caricature is among the best.

http://kr.blog.yahoo.com/jhregina/826463.html?p=1&t=3

abbott here is so beautiful he reminded me of baryshnikov

Custom Title
    A Japanese perspective:

FIGURE SKATING/ Japanese have great shot at World Championships

Interesting that Takahashi's biggest threats are considered to be Chan and Amodio.

I think Oda is a big threat with 2 quads in the programs. His PCS may be a little lower but his quads are a lot more reliable than Takahashi's. Kozuka is facing a big test to bring it at the Big Event. He's got the goods but hasn't been able to do well at the most important Championships. Verner has a chance to sneak on the podium if he lands his quad and if some of the Top 4 goofed.

Custom Title
    A Japanese perspective:

FIGURE SKATING/ Japanese have great shot at World Championships

Interesting that Takahashi's biggest threats are considered to be Chan and Amodio.

I think Oda is a big threat with 2 quads in the programs. His PCS may be a little lower but his quads are a lot more reliable than Takahashi's. Kozuka is facing a big test to bring it at the Big Event. He's got the goods but hasn't been able to do well at the most important Championships. Verner has a chance to sneak on the podium if he lands his quad and if some of the Top 4 goofed.
    Not sure how informed the writer of the article is, to be honest. The analysis is far too generic and simply listing out the facts... In that sense, listing Florent and Patrick as two rivals to Daisuke makes sense; GPF winner and the European Champion vs the Four Continents champion.

Personally, I am not making any predictions. I just want to see everyone skate their best and go home satisfied.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast