About Stockholm Ice show | Golden Skate

About Stockholm Ice show

IaRemmel

Spectator
Hi,
I'd like to share with skating lovers here my article about ice gala Stockholm Ice. :)
It was 2th of April and was a very nice gala with skaters like Plushenko, Lambiel, Arakawa, Savchenko-Szolkowy, Volosozhar-Trankov, Sarah Meier, Viktoria Helgesson, Kristoffer Berntsson etc.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thanks, IaRemmel. It's well written with great pictures so I can imagine the beautiful presence and performances of Lambiel and Arakawa. Of course the highlights had to be Plushenko's "standstills and impressive posing"!

Acrobatic skating with hanging sheets seems to be a great trend for great shows. Kurt started having skating programs with live music and Trovil and Dean started performing with hanging fabrics. Show skating is evolving to be more and more entertaining.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Alexei Yagudin also worked with silks for Stars on Ice.

Great article, IaRemmel. You made me wish I were at that show! And I love the photos too.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the review and pics!!! I would love Finland to get that show, too.... It would be so amazing to watch big favourites like Lambiel and Arakawa live!!!

seniorita

Record Breaker
I ve seen many times the acrobatics with sheets over the years, in AOI and KOI, there are very impressive although at first I was like, this is not skating.

Thanx for article and photos:)