Practice Reports | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

Cerulean

Rinkside
She was incredibly sweet, engaging, and so so so so pretty. Everyone who worked at the Starbucks knew her, and apparently she always orders Earl Gray tea!
Made me a bigger fan....

Is she prettier in person than on TV or vice versa?
I find her very exotic looking, she almost looks like she has foreign blood in her.
At the risk of offending Mao fans, I think Miki is much more interesting looking.

Krislite

Medalist
RE: Yu-Na having to drop her 2Axel-3Toe combo...she wouldn't have to if the Free Skate actually allowed skaters to pick the elements they want to perform. Imagine if the minimum requirement for the Ladies Free Skate was:

*6 jumping passes, two in combination with a second jump
*3 spins
*1 footwork or spiral sequence

And after that 3 elements of the skater's choice (with certain restrictions) could be added to the program. She could do this jump layout:

3Lutz+3Toe
2Axel
3Flip
2Axel+3Toe
3Lutz
3Sal

She would then choose non-jump elements to fill all of her 3 additional flexible slots.

I did some calculations and noticed she could actually get slightly higher base value than she has now by simply keeping the same layout as last year except with a double lutz substituted for the last double axel:

3Lz+3T
3F
2A+2T+2L
2A+3T*
3Lz*
3S*
2Lz*
*10% bonus

She'd get 43.57 points base value for this. Add in some tano-arm for the double lutz for good measure and she'd get +3 for it surely.

Don't know why she didn't go for this. The double tano lutz should be easy for her since the lutz is her strongest jump. (Unless the timing is so different it might throw off her 3Lutz technique? :think: )

The only reason I could think of is that the GOE pontential of the 2Lz is much less than a 3S+2T. The minor increase in BV is not enough to offset the huge decrease in maximum potential GOE (2.1 for the combo, 0.9 for the 2Lz).

yangjie

On the Ice
I did some calculations and noticed she could actually get slightly higher base value than she has now by simply keeping the same layout as last year except with a double lutz substituted for the last double axel:

3Lz+3T
3F
2A+2T+2L
2A+3T*
3Lz*
3S*
2Lz*
*10% bonus

She'd get 43.57 points base value for this. Add in some tano-arm for the double lutz for good measure and she'd get +3 for it surely.

Don't know why she didn't go for this. The double tano lutz should be easy for her since the lutz is her strongest jump. (Unless the timing is so different it might throw off her 3Lutz technique? :think: )

The only reason I could think of is that the GOE pontential of the 2Lz is much less than a 3S+2T. The minor increase in BV is not enough to offset the huge decrease in maximum potential GOE (2.1 for the combo, 0.9 for the 2Lz).

thats ridiculos. 2lz in senior level ??? its very boring.

Krislite

Medalist
Last edited:

SkateSkates

Medalist
From the practice reports, it seems like everyone is looking good, although I hope they save some of it for the competition!!

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
According to Univesral twitter

Korpi really nice 3T-3T in run-through on practice
Czisny and Flatt a bit shaky on practice, but got everything done
Kim rock solid on practice- did all her jumps in run-through
Asada really struggling with triple Axel
Murakami lots of 3t-3t's
Kostner really strong on practice- huge 3t-3t and 3F

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
It's very pretty, certainly more the dark side of Giselle. Not my favorite dress of hers, but I will save my real verdict until I see it in motion.