Practice Reports | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

bibi24

Final Flight
If Dai sets up from the right side of the rink (CW), he tries 4T, left side (CCW) he does 4F.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
;) SkateFiguring,, those V/M photos are a delicious tease , and tasty as it is , I wouldn't bet on that being the final dress.

BTW Scott just always seems to be in a perfectly finished position . And I hope he stays with the perfectly fitted black. Exactly like a ballroom god .

yes, they are like Sasha was, always in a graceful position. I do hope this is her competition dress, that things she was at 4CC had bad color choices and looked to simple and cheap.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
So if she goes for triple triples I think she'll save the 3F+3L for the LP and do a 3L+3L in the SP.

I think Mao should try 3Lo+3Lo in the SP. As long as she fully rotated the 3A and 3F, there is no point disavantage for her and she can still run away with over 8 points, even if the second loop got <.

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
Dai is not doing a quad in his SP. All season he tried a quad in his LP, succeeding in only one 4T. He UR and 2-footed all his 4Fs. We'll see how he does on Thursday.

Oda has had better quads than Dai but also somewhat hit or miss. Taka's quad is not that reliable either but he doesn't fall often. Both Nobu and Taka have better chances of hitting their quads beautifully at Worlds than Daisuke, IMO.

Neither Takahashi nor Oda has had a clean competition this season.

I just hope Dai doesn't go over board with attempting the quad and injuring him self. And see how Chan did in SP. Technically he doesn't need the quad and can still crack with 170 mark if he goes clean with all of his jumps due to his strong PCS.

Cerulean

Rinkside
What I'm really interested in is her LP. Lots of skaters have skated to Giselle, but not to a medley of Korean folk music. She's supposedly incorporated a few Korean folk dance moves into the choreo. Unfortunately I won't be able to recognize it.

Yeah, me too. I have a feeling that it will either be epic or just fall flat with the audience.

T

Taffy

I just read through the last 4 pages and 90% is about YuNa - Mao.

Will there be more reports on other skaters' practices?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I just read through the last 4 pages and 90% is about YuNa - Mao.

Will there be more reports on other skaters' practices?

And to think Mao didn't even had her first official practice yet, as she just recently arrived in Moscow...:)
To answer your question, aussieSKATES tweeted that Tatiana Voloshozhar and Maxim Trankov are looking strong in practice

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
LOL that while everyone runs through the whole program with only mental jumps, Joubert does his with just jumps, plus the ending footwork, with zero transition and spin.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
LOL that while everyone runs through the whole program with only mental jumps, Joubert does his with just jumps, plus the ending footwork, with zero transition and spin.

That is quite interesting, actually. Says a lot about Brian's approach to his program.