Practice Reports | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Practice Reports

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I have come to the conclusion that Mao's favorite color is either any shade of purple or red/black.

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
According to the interview, Peter Oppegard designed Yu-Na's costume and Karen Kwan gave him a lot of idaes. It was made by Jan Longmire who made a lot of Sasha Cohen's costumes.

Krislite

Medalist
I much prefer Mao's SP costume from four continents. I'm not feeling all the black strings looping around her torso.

Yuna's SP costume is very pretty and certainly unique for a Giselle program.

quikrush

Rinkside
I like Yuna's costume. Unusal for Giselle, but IMO very much suited to the tone of her program. And that shade of blue compliments her ivory skin beautifully. GO YUNA!!

Hanaka

Rinkside
I've always thought Russians have a different taste in costumes from that of NA and Asia. They seem to prefer more decorative, theatrical and dramatic costumes, which sometimes might make us think "too much", but it is their taste and culture.
And hey, do you know that Japanese don't dislike Russian style either?

aniela

On the Ice
I've always thought Russians have a different taste in costumes from that of NA and Asia. They seem to prefer more decorative, theatrical and dramatic costumes, which sometimes might make us think "too much", but it is their taste and culture.
I'm not russian but I read some posts on Russian forum and it seems like most people don't like Mao's new dress.

joy k.k

Rinkside

I'm Japanese, but I do dislike Russian style if Mao's costume represent Russian style.

Hanaka

Rinkside
I'm Japanese, but I do dislike Russian style if Mao's costume represent Russian style.

Well, I'm not saying all Japanese. I'm just saying I know there are a lot of FS fans in Japan who like Russian style. Of course I know there are fans who don't care for it that much. As for Mao's costume, I know some fans like it, and some others don't.

Last edited:
L

lowtherlore

Well, I'm not saying all Japanese. I'm just saying I know there are a lot of FS fans in Japan who like Russian style. Of course I know there are fans who don't care for it that much. As for Mao's costume, I know some fans like it, and some others don't.

So do you like or dislike Mao's costume? I'm confused. Or is it that I am just cutting in your talking to yourself? :laugh:

Last edited: